Apparently there was 'huge numbers' of empty seats...

I think the opposite. Closing the bars early would encourage fans to get to their seats before kick off. 15-20 minutes is enough time to finish a pint. Getting a pint in 5-10 minutes before kick off isn't enough time to finish it, unless you throw it down your neck. You then have the scenario of people taking their time drinking and chatting, because they've already missed the start of the match, so another 5-10 minutes won't matter.

I have no doubt the attendance figures the club release are correct and there is no massaging of the figures going on.
Going by the amount of posters on here who are in multiple season card groups and who have said that on numerous occasions a few in that group have failed to attend we clearly have a issue.If the same is happening throughout the support which logically it is then we are talking about a lot of empty seats.
I've heard but not sure if it's correct that Bayern don't allow season renewals if more than a certain percentage of games are missed resulting in a empty seat.This may seem harsh as people will say they've paid for the seat and its up to them,but someone is being denied a seat.
I work away from home about a quarter of the year but if I can't travel back I always arrange to have my card used.
The club could probably come up with a better system for ticket exchanging which would be a big help.

Not sure where those empty 200 seats were, maybe the west middle where the rich sit? thats the only area that normally has empty seats.[/QUOTE

They are below me so I'm not going to hang over to look at them;-) We do have a good view of the press box which is rarely anything like full because so many pressmen watch on big screen TVs at home or their offices but happily print 'Mark Ogden at the Etihad' on their reports. Apart from a couple of row in the family stand which often have about 10 seats each missing, the other empties are usually singles or pairs, sometimes threes. It takes 50 pairs dotted around the ground to make a hundred so all the shite in the likes of the Mail is just that - shite but it is shite that people believe.

This is the area's i thought may have the 200 empty seats yesterday, you can see above where it says "CHELSEA FOOTBALL CLUB" there's empty seats, not sure that counts on our attendances with them being the directors seats? also the thin tier underneath normally has loads of empty seats depending on the opposition, you can tell they fancied it yesterday v Man Utd, wonder where they were v the likes of Bournemouth!
Ksmjwv9.png

Good find mate and is exactly what is happening at most PL grounds every week.

Not that any fucker should care lol

Haha yeah, we used to do it in the 80s, some of our gates were def 40,000 yet Bates would put the gate at 33,000 at the time the ground held 45,000 there was no way they could have got in another 12,000.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.