Apparently We've Spent Over a Billion Euros on Players....

Quick maths, probably "only" used 958 m £ compared to their 1b.

Taking the exchange rate of today and applying it to transfers done years ago is about as facile as it gets.

If you break that list down though, the majority contributed positively, so....

Net spend wankers don't seem to understand, that if you have top players, you don't sell them.

" The transfer market is insane and has been
that way for some time now, and it's clubs
like man city and Chelsea that have caused
it" . Guess which ex manager said
this?
I'll give you a clue , he spent £30m
or so on Ferdinand, way before city or
Chelsea spent any decent money. Plus all
the other untold millions on, Rooney, Veron
etc.

" The transfer market is insane and has been
that way for some time now, and it's clubs
like man city and Chelsea that have caused
it" . Guess which ex manager said
this?
I'll give you a clue , he spent £30m
or so on Ferdinand, way before city or
Chelsea spent any decent money. Plus all
the other untold millions on, Rooney, Veron
etc.
He'd like his legacy to be that all the players went to play for him out of his ability and for respect. Doesn't work that way, does it.

True, and lot's of supporters of clubs like Liverpool and united cry foul about our spending while conveniently forgetting their G14 membership and how it would have royally screwed the rest of us. They got their money and the 'top 4' was a closed shop for decades.

They can say it's unfair what we spend all day long, but it's those clubs that begat the Champions League and all the money associated with it. They didn't give a stuff about the rest of us while they were enjoying their exclusive party.

I can't say I'm bothered about how much we spend, it's not my money, but I do find it laughable that those supporters are now crying because FFP can't reign in our spending when a few short years ago they thought they had bought their place at the top table for all eternity, thereby excluding the rest of us.

Yes, we are very lucky, and I think back to the days when talent, and not money, got you to the top, such as when Derby and Forrest were champions, and Ipswich finished in the top four every year, but those days are gone.

I can understand their frustration, but I don't give a stuff. They can harp on about their history all they like, but history is a recollection of a bygone age, not the world we live in today.

Football has changed. Those clubs were at the vanguard of creating the modern era, and if they don't like the way it has turned out, then they should take a look in the mirror.

It wasn't unfair when they were smashing transfer records, but now, when we do, it is.

You reap what you sow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.