Apparently We've Spent Over a Billion Euros on Players....

True, and lot's of supporters of clubs like Liverpool and united cry foul about our spending while conveniently forgetting their G14 membership and how it would have royally screwed the rest of us. They got their money and the 'top 4' was a closed shop for decades.

They can say it's unfair what we spend all day long, but it's those clubs that begat the Champions League and all the money associated with it. They didn't give a stuff about the rest of us while they were enjoying their exclusive party.

I can't say I'm bothered about how much we spend, it's not my money, but I do find it laughable that those supporters are now crying because FFP can't reign in our spending when a few short years ago they thought they had bought their place at the top table for all eternity, thereby excluding the rest of us.

Yes, we are very lucky, and I think back to the days when talent, and not money, got you to the top, such as when Derby and Forrest were champions, and Ipswich finished in the top four every year, but those days are gone.

I can understand their frustration, but I don't give a stuff. They can harp on about their history all they like, but history is a recollection of a bygone age, not the world we live in today.

Football has changed. Those clubs were at the vanguard of creating the modern era, and if they don't like the way it has turned out, then they should take a look in the mirror.

It wasn't unfair when they were smashing transfer records, but now, when we do, it is.

You reap what you sow.
Well said !

you know what??? i don't give a FUCK next i want HHH to buy the rats and transform them into a sunday pub team playing into it hahahahaha that will be fun

That's liker a rich bloke saying to another rich bloke ha ha ha you've spent lots of money trying to make your mansion look good.

Then the other guy says yeah I know but its trebled in price.

And one of the most important signings was an "over priced, unheard of, too old, Brazilian in a shit league."

Look how good a team we've built with that compared to what LVG and Rodgers have done.

Lucky to have had Mancini and Pellegrini both top class managers.

Thing is the Sheikh could actually genuinely get bored now and we'd still be ok!

They won't be printing another banner at OT for a while!

And one of the most important signings was an "over priced, unheard of, too old, Brazilian in a shit league."

Look how good a team we've built with that compared to what LVG and Rodgers have done.

Lucky to have had Mancini and Pellegrini both top class managers.

Thing is the Sheikh could actually genuinely get bored now and we'd still be ok!

They won't be printing another banner at OT for a while!
This Sheikh getting bored business is idiotic, not having a pop at you but it really annoys me as a throw away comment. Abu Dhabi know for a fact their oil reserves wont last forever so are building a business portfolio that can sustain their economy long after the oil runs out. Now city isn't going to do that on its own but its part of a much wider and complex picture.

This Sheikh getting bored business is idiotic, not having a pop at you but it really annoys me as a throw away comment. Abu Dhabi know for a fact their oil reserves wont last forever so are building a business portfolio that can sustain their economy long after the oil runs out. Now city isn't going to do that on its own but its part of a much wider and complex picture.
No I completely agree. It's amazing how quickly ADUG built a self-sustaining mega business. We really can just spend what we create in marketing profit.

As for Abu Dhabi isn't far more of their economy in real estate and finance now than oil?

No I completely agree. It's amazing how quickly ADUG built a self-sustaining mega business. We really can just spend what we create in marketing profit.

As for Abu Dhabi isn't far more of their economy in real estate and finance now than oil?

I'm not a finance expert and don't know the in's and out's of their business. But like I say I remember reading all their investments over the last 10 years have been geared towards a self sustaining economy/financial model. It just really annoys me this "When he gets bored" he may get bored of his super cars or his holiday homes but a billion dollar plus investment I think not.

Anyway back to the real talk of the day UNITED hahahahahah fuck me that's funny whats happening over there at the moment. And the mice infestation is the cherry on the cake

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.