Appealing for witnesses.

paulchapo

Hi I hope it is ok to post this here as I have no idea where else I can reach a large number of Blues.

On Wednesday 21st October 2015 I was involved in an accident upon leaving the ground at the end of the game. It was in the Champion's league against Seville and Kevin De Bruyne scored in stoppage time to ensure a 2-1 win.

Just as I was near the exit in South Stand level 1 I slipped on that lethal blue flooring that used to be there before it was replaced, injuring myself to an extent that I had bleeding on the brain. I was talking to a fellow City fan just prior to me falling who helped me up. Are you here and if so can you contact me by PM? Also I would be grateful for any other Blues who witnessed this to do the same. I appreciate everyone was rushing to get home but there were a number of fans in the vicinity who witnessed this, however briefly.

The club have been less than helpful to me since this happened, in fact it was the lack of care and concern when I contacted them that convinced me to seek legal advice. Some of you may remember I posted about this at the time.

Incredulously, in spite of the fact I was examined by a lady doctor in the clubs own first aid room and on her instruction was taken straight to MRI with the emergency siren and flashing blue light in operation, I have received this from my solicitor.

Liability Issues

The issue of liability is not quite as straight forward as you might think. Whilst it is quite clear you slipped there are some areas concerning recording of the incident which are missing. The ambulance service cannot trace their involvement. A clear record of the incident was not made on the day (I appreciate you were injured). It is incumbent upon the Claimant to prove that the accident happened and where the injury can be identified as happening at a specific time and place.

Do you have any witnesses of those who were with you at the time it happened?

Again apologies if I am breaking any rules by posting this but I am at a loss as to where else I can reach a large number of fellow Blues who may be able to help.

Cheers, Paul.

Last edited:
So the tone of the letter suggests it never happened!

Un fucking believable.

Bastards.

Surely the doctor must have logged it for their own liability insurance whether officially on duty or not.

All ambulance journeys are logged and recorded. The crew have a specific observation and log sheet on which they record many things including times of pick up and drop off. Your conscious state, injuries, observations. It is a carbon document and one copy is put into your hospital notes. I'm a nurse that's how I know,

I've seen a couple of women fall on the painted floors of the toilets before now - I think that surface when wet is lethal.

I hope you find the information you need.

So the tone of the letter suggests it never happened!

Un fucking believable.

Bastards.

Surely the doctor must have logged it for their own liability insurance whether officially on duty or not.

I love City I have supported them since I was 8 years old and went to my first game in 1968, but I have been saddened how they have dealt with me. When I had the accident their lack of concern and urgency was staggering. I initially contacted them as I was concerned other people may be injured in the same way, that flooring was lethal. Nobody was available to meet me at the next game I could attend to show them where my accident occurred and my concerns. A follow up phone call which was promised never happened. It was at this point I thought sod them, I am taking legal advice!

All ambulance journeys are logged and recorded. The crew have a specific observation and log sheet on which they record many things including times of pick up and drop off. Your conscious state, injuries, observations. It is a carbon document and one copy is put into your hospital notes. I'm a nurse that's how I know,

I've seen a couple of women fall on the painted floors of the toilets before now - I think that surface when wet is lethal.

I hope you find the information you need.

Thanks. They have my medical records but this new information has baffled me, how can it not be logged? Even at the ground their first aid team must have to keep a log of all incidents, I know we had to onboard the ship.

M
I have absolutely no idea I was gobsmacked at this!! I am at the game on Tuesday I will try and get some answers.
My mum got run over in 2011 and due to a poor lawyer she had to seek a new one last year. They got the Ambulance report no problem. Really detailed as well - What time phone call came in, where it happened, her injuries. Everything. That was 6 years ago!

I hope you get it sorted mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.