Applauding opposition goals at Home

I remember an almighty row at Villa after a lot of city fans (including me) cheered when they scored. Racist Ron had returned to manage them and they were chasing United for the title. The game didn't matter to us but could have derailed the reds. I seem to recall older blues going mad and asking why we bothered supporting city. A question i would ask myself many times over the next 15 years. Sadly, united won the title for the first time in 20+ years.

There had been a similar situation the year before when we beat Leeds 4-0, i think, the year they won the league. I'd gone to that game thinking i might want leeds to win to stop the scum winning the league but forgot about that as the boys battered them.

Edit: sorry just read the thread title.

Last edited:
Would never applaud an oppostion goal against us , absolutely no way , its quite simple i am a bad loser so any goal we concede pisses me off , f*ck the beautiful game the only goals i cheer are for MCFC .

City played the Rags in a testimonial for one of our players, could have been Lakeys, at the end of the season. It was either 98 or 02 and was just before England flew out to go to the world cup

GPC agreed to let all the Rag England players play some of the match and they were all subbed en masse. I swear they got clapped off by the City fans

I remember this. Lakey got a great reception from the rags fans too.

Put my hands together when Del Piero turned up against us in the europa cup and got stick, he was a class act ffs.

Paul Gascoigne for Tottenham 1989/90.

Remember this match because my Dad wanted to go to see Gazza, it would be the last match my Dad would ever go to, he wasn't too well at the time with cancer, but he wanted to see Gazza play in the flesh. He didn't have one of his best games, but had a good 2nd half and if I remember rightly scored their goal. It finished 1-1. My Dad followed City from being a lad but would always be fair when it came to appreciating good play.

Remember in the dark days, the Kippax was giving Ian Wright greif. He scored a wonderful goal and he gave us shit back. I just clapped and smiled.

Remember in the dark days, the Kippax was giving Ian Wright greif. He scored a wonderful goal and he gave us shit back. I just clapped and smiled.
I remember one day when him and Bright had a right dirty cheating game when we played palace. Think they won 3-2 at the death, Eric Nixon sent off for getting pissed off amd practically punching Bright out as he broke 1 v 1onto a through ball.

Ronaldinho received an affectionate round of applause when he was subbed in our opening game at Coms.

Totti was also warmly applauded when we played Juventus a few years ago.

We gave Leicester a standing ovation last season for their performance, but a goal...............!

Never.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.