Apple Music Up and Running 4PM today.

Deepest Blue

The long-awaited Apple Music streaming service will be available to the world today, launching with the offer of a three-month free trial.

Due to arrive as an app within the iOS 8.4 update, Apple Music will be joined by Beats 1, Apple's new internet radio station, which is set to begin broadcasting one hour later at 5pm - and is free to all Apple users.

Ian Rogers, former Beats Music CEO and current Apple Music senior director, seemingly confirmed the timings on Twitter.

Zane Lowe will host the first show on Beats 1, with Eminem announced as the first superstar guest. Dr. Dre, Elton John and Pharell will also be hosting their own shows.

MORE: Apple Music vs. Spotify, Tidal and alternatives

Following the three-month trial, Apple Music will cost $9.99 per month or $14.99 per month for a family subscription for up to six people.

UK prices have yet to be officially confirmed, though it's highly likely you can just replace the dollar sign with a pound symbol - matching the monthly price of Spotify, Tidal and the rest of the market.

As well as its £10 per month option, Tidal also offers CD-quality streams for £20 per month. There's no sign of CD-quality streams on Apple Music, with the service set to offer 256kbps streams for its £10/month option.

While you'll likely get access to most of the iTunes music library, Apple also has some exclusive streaming content, including Pharrell's new track Freedom, the Taylor Swift album 1989, and Dr. Dre's classic album Chronic.

The iOS update should be available on all compatible iOS devices from 4pm GMT.

Read more at http://www.whathifi.com/news/apple-music-to-go-live-4pm-gmt-release-ios-84#vRCyktvGPRcss6wt.99

I think major people will be using the 3 months free option, how many of them who will take it up I don't know. Apple have set an early target of 100m subscribers, I think spotify has around 25m

I just started a 3 months trial with Deezer for £0.99 per month and like it so far.
With Apple now in the game competition should be fierce and deals available.

Really looking forward to this. Am I right in thinking we'll be able to listen to everything currently under Apple?

Your existing music bought from the iTunes Store and your own ripped CDs will now live in one place alongside the 30 million songs available from iTunes in Apple Music.

You can search and stream the millions of songs on Apple Music as well as your own music library, using the 'For You' function which will make recommendations based on the music you love. The learn-about-you interface will help create playlists for you. There are also curated playlists based not just on algorithms but put together by editorial teams of experts.

To make search even easier, Siri has been upgraded to learn more about music so you can use it to search for what you want. So now you can ask Siri questions such as "play me the best songs from 1994" or "what was the No.1 song in February 2011?"

MORE: Apple Music streaming service is official

Beats 1, Apple Music Radio and Connect
image: http://images.cdn.whathifi.com/site...nds/Apple/applemusicconnect.jpg?itok=rhbHdBTV

applemusicconnect.jpg

In addition, the service will launch with what Apple calls "the first 24/7 worldwide radio station". Called Beats 1, it will be broadcast from three cities by celebrity DJs: Ebro Darden in New York, Zane Lowe in Los Angeles and Julie Adenuga in London.

You also get Apple Music Radio, giving you a mix of music curated by genre. The new stations range in genres from indie rock and classical to folk and funk. It's based on the Beats Music interface and offers HD music videos as well as offline playback.

Another neat feature is Apple's new 'Connect' service, which promises to connect artists with fans by allowing artists to upload content directly to the Apple Music app. "Connect is a new way of connecting up and coming and established musicians with their fans," says Iovine. Through Connect artists can share lyrics, backstage photos, videos and their own music.

As for the Apple Music interface on iPhones and iPads, a 'mini player' bar appears at the bottom of your playlst - tap on it and the full artwork for that song will appear with the usual pause/play and skip controls.

Read more at http://www.whathifi.com/news/apple-music-everything-you-need-to-know#JoUOG3AOcp8XW88o.99

Thoughts? I like it. Not had any real problems just yet. Well, apart from the constant recommendation of David fucking Guetta.

yep it's fine I'll have my 3 months free then see if I miss it, it looks like you can pay for a month then then click the unsubscribe button not bother with it for a few months then resub again...

Spent about an hour the other morning compiling a playlist. Just gone to listen to it and it's saved one bloody song. What's that all about! Annoyed.

I have found myself drifting back to Spotify for the ease of ready-made playlists. Much easier to find a playlist for say, being in a creative mood. Simply search "creativity" and you're greeted with numerous options. Not so with Apple Music. Could be improved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.