Applying for a job..

oman0115

A job has come up where I work, a good job with a good salary and prospects, but... I sadly have medical issues, I've been fit and healthy and played sports all my life and I'm in a place where I need two serious operations with lots of time off to recover. Is it right to go for something knowing full well my predicament? Also my previous management have said they'll support me through what's going to happen in the near future...

If you feel it's the right career move, then yes go for it be be very honest about needing time off to recuperate

I had a similar situation a number of years ago. I was on the waiting list for a shoulder operation and during the interview I was open and honest that I would require 4- 6 weeks off following the procedure
Yes I got the job

Will you have continuity of employment protection seeing as it is in the same place of work?

To be honest, my medical problems have hindered my job prospects in looking for 'normal' work. Sadly there's no such thing as a sympathetic employer.

I had to go it on my own to get a steady gig, but that's just my story. All the best mate and get well soon.

A job has come up where I work, a good job with a good salary and prospects, but... I sadly have medical issues, I've been fit and healthy and played sports all my life and I'm in a place where I need two serious operations with lots of time off to recover. Is it right to go for something knowing full well my predicament? Also my previous management have said they'll support me through what's going to happen in the near future...

Good luck, Vincent...

How long are you off work after the sex change procedure?

In all seriousness mate just go for it, be honest as it's probably the best policy in this scenario.

Good luck and get well soon.

If it was a small business or a charity then I think there would be a moral dilemma, but if the job isn't with either then go for it. If an employer really wants you then they will invest in you and will be patient.

I think the real question is at what point during the process you mention it. Whilst it shouldn't matter, the truth is that there is always a risk that disclosing it early on might put the employer off (even if subconsciously). My hunch is to not mention it until they offer you the position, but it's probably best to speak to a recruitment consultant or careers adviser about it.

Anyways, good luck with it and get well soon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.