Appropriate armed security for City Square and the Etihad

Or you could look at it another way, how many bombs have gone off in the UAE?

That's probably because they don't take any chances with security as you no doubt know already. Safest place (Abu Dhabi) I have ever been or at least feeling safe. Even made me take a camera monopod apart at the airport to demonstrate it wasn't anything dodgy.

There's armed units on patrol 24 hours a day. I would imagine that they are close to both the swamp and us on a match day.

Nah, we're not in London so we get nowt. What do you expect to happen with May in charge? She's proven incompetent and was in charge of police cuts that directly led to increased terror incidents (the chief of police did warn her!).

Haha. Really made me laugh. Are you in the labour pay rolll?? Blaming May is hilarious

I'm pretty sure its also her fault that Lukaku got off without a ban.

Absolutely :)

Shouldn't we have the equivalent of airport/shopping centre levels of security for City Square and the Etihad?

Visible armed police/security would provide a deterrent to any potential terrorist attack and make fans feel safer.

With City Square we are the only club in the PL that provides a large scale pre-match assembly area, doesn't that make us more of a potential target?

Can we not be proactive rather than reactive to safeguard our fans and club?
I totally agree with you.

For all we know, there are armed police at each of our games. I wouldn't be surprised if there's quite a few plain clothes ones mingling at any large spectator event now.
That may well be the case. However their appears "no visible deterent" to potential terrorist attacks, by "visible armed security", as say exists at the airport.

I would say the risk of terrorist attack, at probably the biggest PL target in the country, is as high as for an airport?

We have the best football club in the PL, safety and security should be seen to be the best to deter any attack and reassure the public.

If we are worried about the cost of increased security, think of the financial damage an unthwarted attack could make to the club, PL and country. The political situation with Isis and Syria, in recent months, has made terrorist attacks in our country more likely.

They will look to attack soft targets, we appear to be one at the moment. Let us beef up security before an incident happens.

Last edited:
Blue Llama security is shocking at city how else would you explain how a Feyenoord fan got a smoke bomb into the game. I thought all fans were supposed to be searched before they enter the ground. Someone on the gate that day was not doing their job correctly, how else can you explain how that got in to the ground. This is also not the 1st time that that has happened, it also happened against Celtic last season. Why is it that it is always at the away end where this happens, and never in any of the home parts of the ground.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.