Appropriate armed security for City Square and the Etihad

Yawn! Get my agenda in at any possible opportunity on a football forum moment.
We should have armed patrols on the trams or in the Trafford Centre or the pub or anywhere there are public spaces or not public spaces. Fuck let's introduce the Stasi police or inform on each other. No thanks.

This.

That's probably because they don't take any chances with security as you no doubt know already. Safest place (Abu Dhabi) I have ever been or at least feeling safe. Even made me take a camera monopod apart at the airport to demonstrate it wasn't anything dodgy.

Nothing to do with that at all mate. There’s no knifing incidents either or cars being driven into crowds of people, neither of which could be stopped with airport security.

That may well be the case. However their appears "no visible deterent" to potential terrorist attacks, by "visible armed security", as say exists at the airport.

I would say the risk of terrorist attack, at probably the biggest PL target in the country, is as high as for an airport?

We have the best football club in the PL, safety and security should be seen to be the best to deter any attack and reassure the public.

If we are worried about the cost of increased security, think of the financial damage an unthwarted attack could make to the club, PL and country. The political situation with Isis and Syria, in recent months, has made terrorist attacks in our country more likely.

They will look to attack soft targets, we appear to be one at the moment. Let us beef up security before an incident happens.

Why do you think we ar the biggest target in the PL?

I’d say the opposite were true. Or we are certainly well down the list.

I agree, if someone wanted to target a high profile sporting event with lots of people crowded together then City Square would at lease be under there consideration, im not saying there is no security but it is a lot slacker until you enter the stadium itself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.