Apps to replace the genius playlist function in iOS..?

Kazzydeyna

hi,

I've just gone back to iPhone after years and years and I'm gutted they have got rid of the genius playlist option from your phone.

I used to love picking a single track and having my phone pick me 25 similar tracks. It was great in the car or wherever when you havent got time to scroll through all your music and set up a random playlist etc.

Does anybody know of a way to get this function back? Maybe an app from the App Store?

Any and all help greatfully received..

Cheers for the ideas fellas. How much is Spotify premium? Ideally I want something that can make playlists out of the music already on my phone if possible??

Cheers for the ideas fellas. How much is Spotify premium? Ideally I want something that can make playlists out of the music already on my phone if possible??
Tenner a month, you won't have to keep music on your phone anymore or ever buy an album again, plus spotify radio is a good way of getting into new stuff.

Tenner a month, you won't have to keep music on your phone anymore or ever buy an album again, plus spotify radio is a good way of getting into new stuff.

Thinking of trying Spotify or Apple Music myself (which is better?) but, does it use loads of data if you're constantly getting tracks to your phone while you're outside?

Other slight concern is that I hear certain artists' music aren't on there (noticed it at Xmas when stepson's Spotify account came up with no tracks for Bee Gees, Prince and several others and some of those it did have had very little on!).

Thinking of trying Spotify or Apple Music myself (which is better?) but, does it use loads of data if you're constantly getting tracks to your phone while you're outside?

Other slight concern is that I hear certain artists' music aren't on there (noticed it at Xmas when stepson's Spotify account came up with no tracks for Bee Gees, Prince and several others and some of those it did have had very little on!).
You can decide whether or not to let Spotify use mobile data. If you save music to your phone then you'll be able to listen to it without using any data. The catalogue is pretty massive with the odd exception like Prince. Prince is, however, coming to Spotify soon as his estate have agreed it. Most artists eventually cave in to it. Radiohead did something very similar but eventually relented and their full back catalogue is available. Apple Music occasionally gets certain artists a week or so ahead of Spotify because they pay them a premium for the publicity of it. Both Spotify and Apple music are pretty good at learning your listening habits and recommending you songs based on your listening history. One thing I did like about Apple Music is their curated playlists put together by artists you might like or where they'll create playlists introducing you to artists -i.e. introduction to The Smiths.

Without wanting to sound like an old ****, if the music isn't on your phone are you constantly streaming and if so what happens if say you're in the sticks and you don't have access to wireless or 3g. Also, does it lead to huge amounts of data needed in your phone package?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.