Arabs....

Our Arab benefactors are not going to this challenge to their authority from within the dressing room lying down. They will not be unaware of similar behaviour on and off the pitch under Sven. There is a principle at stake here. Last season it got lost because Frank was, well, Frank. This season it's being ignored (by too many) because of Hughes, but the principle remains the same. If Mark Hughes goes, without the dressing room being cleared, the only thing City will gain for SURE is a rod for our own backs. You can take all the "votes" of confidence as being directed towards the fans, I think they are also meant for the dressing room (as well as transfer targets).

Looking forward to Hughes getting a shed load of players in and about 6 going out the door in January.

RobinJo said:
Why do they persist on giving him time, Ince got sacked cause the results weren't happening and Roy Keane had to resign before sacked. I'm wondering why they want to give him time.. Something must have happened because surely you wouldn't be able to put up with these shocking results. Maybe Hughes isn't all to blame, but when the results aren't coming the manager gets the blame. This shit better sort out and fast.

PS - Sorry for another thread.

I tell you what because we want rid of Hughes why not start a 'sack the board' campaign ? that way we can get rid of Hughes, the arabs can sell up cos we have no faith in their decisions and we can replace the manager with I don't know who and then we can have no money to spend but a new manager - problem sorted.

Brucie Bonus said:
Our Arab benefactors are not going to this challenge to their authority from within the dressing room lying down. They will not be unaware of similar behaviour on and off the pitch under Sven. There is a principle at stake here. Last season it got lost because Frank was, well, Frank. This season it's being ignored (by too many) because of Hughes, but the principle remains the same. If Mark Hughes goes, without the dressing room being cleared, the only thing City will gain for SURE is a rod for our own backs. You can take all the "votes" of confidence as being directed towards the fans, I think they are also meant for the dressing room (as well as transfer targets).

Looking forward to Hughes getting a shed load of players in and about 6 going out the door in January.

Lets face it the game is about having money - Avram Grant - was a penalty kick away from winning the Champions League and he had NO track record.

I guarantee that if Hughes is able to spend some of this money we will start to see a successful team on the pitch.

It's no coincidence that the current top four are also the biggest spenders. Anyone who goes against the views of our current owners are mad imo !

I also think something must be going on, which leads to the player revolt/not good enough/dressing room issues. If the owners know what exactly is going on, which you'd expect and to be honest, we don't know the full ins and outs, then I can only see that they're allowing Hughes to have the transfer window to clear out the trouble makers/dross and bring in more quality. I would expect then that if this is the case (I can't see any other sensible conclusion really) that if results haven't picked up by the time we hit Liverpool at the start of Feb, he'll have to be given the push as there would be no excuses left. I still think he's likely to be a dead man at the end of the season anyway unless things turn round to such an extent that he couldn't be sacked. I also find the fact the media, who would normally slaughter someone doing as badly as Hughes, have more or less left him alone, an odd one.

Brucie Bonus said:

Spot on!

shaundickov said:
Why don't they threaten to implement the famous Middle Eastern justice system on the players, so every time they lose a match they lose a hand.

I think the performances would pick up.

I was going to respond in a predictable way but now I can't be bothered as you have obviously been brainwashed by the 'famous' free western media who always tell you the truth, of course. Keep taking the sedatives.

PaulC1979 said:
I also find the fact the media, who would normally slaughter someone doing as badly as Hughes, have more or less left him alone, an odd one.

i think the ince/allardyce changeover has had the spotlight over the last couple of weeks.
hughes' turn will be this friday but not to the same degree, as the likelihood that he will be given backing for the signings that are certain to come in january, will all have been his choice. why would the arabs sack him with this major event in the clubs new fortunes just round the corner?

PaulC1979 said:
I also think something must be going on, which leads to the player revolt/not good enough/dressing room issues. If the owners know what exactly is going on, which you'd expect and to be honest, we don't know the full ins and outs, then I can only see that they're allowing Hughes to have the transfer window to clear out the trouble makers/dross and bring in more quality. I would expect then that if this is the case (I can't see any other sensible conclusion really) that if results haven't picked up by the time we hit Liverpool at the start of Feb, he'll have to be given the push as there would be no excuses left. I still think he's likely to be a dead man at the end of the season anyway unless things turn round to such an extent that he couldn't be sacked. I also find the fact the media, who would normally slaughter someone doing as badly as Hughes, have more or less left him alone, an odd one.

Sounds quite plausible to me

shaundickov said:
I have been watching Hughes closely in his interviews. He doesn't seem excited about the future, his body language is of a man who knows he's coming to the end of a job

My wife knows feck all about football, but she knows about people. She was sitting in the lounge with me and caught the back end of that interview, looked up and said "Look's like he's on his way out to me. He didn't seem very positive about the future."

RobbieBrewer said:
PaulC1979 said:

Agreed.I find the lack of a media "Hughes out" campaign to be very odd with us in the bottom three.It's as if they know something we don't...

I've been saying this all day, very doesn't make sense to me either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.