Are City Full of 'Galacticos'...?

I've heard this once or twice, since Guardiola took over, but for some reason, I can't and don't agree.

I can't think anything else other than we've always bought 'potential' and nothing else!

Am I being naive...?
Not yet in terms of player quality, give it a couple years as far as natural progression is concerned.

As far as Galacticos? I feel that has more to do with star power than anything. You know, what they've been trying to do next door.

Why naive ?

It is a stupid statement and if you have only heard it mentioned once or twice then that should tell you enough that it is a pile of shit.

Like you say we have bought in the main potential, that has a long life span to improve and take us up another level or 3 imo.

Nolito had no potential but was a quick fix deal that didn't work, Fernie was maybe too old to class as potential but he has been brilliant for us regardless, Bravo at 33yo at 17m was a mistake really, he is a good keeper but is now the number 2 after just 1 season.

i'm with you. We have a great team. We have some truly world class players in our starting 11.

But I'll put it this way, when the PFA team of the year comes out, if we were full of Galacticos players, we would easily have half the team. What we have is a very cohesive team that knows and performs their jobs very well. We have one player that is truly world class in my mind (KDB), a few that are slightly below that (David Silva, Aguero, and Ederson come to mind), and then a bunch slightly below that. We just don't have any dead wood on the roster.

Now, if everybody comes back, stays with the program and continues their development, I could see that shift up a bit.

The rags keep trying to go down the galactico route but they get snubbed for some reason and end up buying would-be galacticos who aren't good enough.

We are much more into buying potential worldies as the OP suggests, a much better long-term plan.

No.

We have a team full of stars in the making. Even our better players like Silva and KDB are not quite players in the galactico mould and Aguero is getting on in terms of age. Our main player is the team work and the system that brings the best out of everyone. People talk about how much we have spent but a lot of those sums are for the benefits these players will bring in the course of future seasons i.e.their potential.

Last edited:
Far from it I think we have some very good players but our record transfer is still relatively low in comparison to most big clubs around Europe.

Pep is turning some of them into Galicticos though :)

A very odd thread,we're nothing like.

It's my thread, but I agree with you!

I think because we have spent a lot, like Ojeme says, on good players I become, somewhat, unsure whether the talk of 'buying the league' almost becomes true.

But, I know that that comes of ageing players, mostly.

When other outlets/ fans conflate 'buying the league' with us replacing players necessarily so often, I get doubtful of the truth, myself!!

It's my thread, but I agree with you!

I think because we have spent a lot, like Ojeme says, on good players I become, somewhat, unsure whether the talk of 'buying the league' almost becomes true.

But, I know that that comes of ageing players, mostly.

When other outlets/ fans conflate 'buying the league' with us replacing players necessarily so often, I get doubtful of the truth, myself!!
Every team buys the league,how long it takes is irrelevant.

Anything aimed at us in this respect is pure bitterness and jealousy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.