Are City listening?

I don't have a beer at the ground as it's generally lager which I don't like and I'm not that bothered to queue up only to have to force it down due to some draconian law which says you can't drink it in view of the pitch. The last time I bought anything was Blackburn away. It was coffee. Very nice coffee too not the one choice of disgusting stuff we sell. City are so far behind serving the general fans and really it all seems so easy to fix. The token scheme sounds good though, as mentioned above, to be fair.
Wigan. Supervised queuing and fast staff serving pre-filled beer glasses.

Only two ladies serving in the hatch at Everton. Managed to get pre-match and half time drinks with no problem, and the red wine was considerably cheaper!

Leaving the beer & food issue for now as it's done to death on here and everyone agrees it's over-priced and service is poor, let's look at the other problems the OP raised - toilets, turnstiles, exits. These are unacceptable in a modern stadium in the 21st Century which has had building work recently completed as well. Throw in the tannoy that seems to have been knackered for eternity, half-arsed wifi, the way Showsec deal with supporters, and the Club have to be careful the ground's not half full of £200-in-the-megastore rah rah rah happy clappers as long-term supporters vote with their feet. They'll need more than a needy "Rate the atmosphere" text and a largely ignored series of posts on the pointless merchandising tool masquerading as City Voice to sort that one. Once you stop doing something you very quickly find something else to fill that void (and take that large wad of cash) and you're gone for good.

The worrying thing is that the club, it seems, would rather court the glory-hunting, corporate fan, who will spend 7 grand on a season ticket to watch the team go past in a glass tunnel... the problem there being that you need a period of sustained glory or a CL in the cupboard to attract these ****ers... and they soon disappear when you don't win anything for a while.
Meanwhile the club are alienating the loyal, hardcore fans, who have been through thin and thin with the club... the very lifeblood of the club, who they should be bending over backwards to keep happy.

The worrying thing is that the club, it seems, would rather court the glory-hunting, corporate fan, who will spend 7 grand on a season ticket to watch the team go past in a glass tunnel... the problem there being that you need a period of sustained glory or a CL in the cupboard to attract these ****ers... and they soon disappear when you don't win anything for a while.
Meanwhile the club are alienating the loyal, hardcore fans, who have been through thin and thin with the club... the very lifeblood of the club, who they should be bending over backwards to keep happy.
+1
Wouldn't it be great if the club offered a loyalty discount on your season card dependent on how long you had been a holder and how many times you forked out in March for the following season not knowing which league we would be in

+1
Wouldn't it be great if the club offered a loyalty discount on your season card dependent on how long you had been a holder and how many times you forked out in March for the following season not knowing which league we would be in

The amount of City old-boys i've heard are packing it in should be very worrying for the club... I know people say this all the time, but this season there seems different... more serious – and it's not about what's going on on the pitch, but all about everything else!

they aint interested how loyal youve been, its all about corporate now and it wont be long until the whole second tier is taken over by the padded seat brigade which will piss thousands of die hards off, but i reckon its all part of the plan to get rid of the ordinary working bloke.

Stop f***ing moaning.

You can always opt for a £7.5k season ticket in the Tunnel Club.

Apparently that includes gold leaf toilet paper.

But yes, the SS beer bar ran out of Heineken.

And to think, Spurs are putting in a 85 metre bar in their new stadium, that can pour 10,000 pints a minute.

City are way behind.

Yet City are more then happy to muddle along with the current poor setup.

So much for the catering matchday experience.

It's a good theory. Wait till there's 10000 waiting for a pint and it'll be belly-up time! No doubt the Mirror will be highlighting such success from Haringey that we in Beswick could only dream of!

I agree with a number of post - Many of the service issues have got worse. Yes they may want more Corporate but as we've shown in the CL if the regular folks don't come the ground is a third empty - Corporate people want to go to a successful packed out ground.

There's a good chance we will win nothing this season which will be a few seasons. We are not a Liverpool or rags who have had 10 years of sustained winning trophy's. We also have to compete locally with the rags for corporate clients, although they aren't much better on the pitch than us, they carry on attracting these type of supporters by signing players with a name like Pogba. I know he isn't fantastic but we signed Gundogan who has missed virtually two out of the last three seasons, if you count this one. Sane and Jesus and this summers signings may change all this in the next few seasons, hopefully.

We've got a defensive 5 that any one of them would struggle to get in the top teams.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.