Are people thicker these days?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by CTID1988, 17 Apr 2017.

1. CTID1988

CTID1988

Just read that Fast and Furious 9 has had the biggest opening weekend of all time, beating Star wars. Is this, along with Mrs. Browns Boys getting best comedy of the 21st century, proof if proof be needed that a nuclear war is probably a good option to thin out the numbers a bit?
    I know TV and the media like to dumb people down, but it genuinely feels like a lot of people these days are borderline simple. Mrs Browns Boys for fucks sake!

2. I'm With Stupid

I'm With Stupid

This "biggest opening weekend" bullshit is broken all the time. Nothing more than clever marketing and distribution.

But to answer your question, yes.

3. Blue Smarties

Blue Smarties

I can't stand the Kardashian / TOWIE / Geordie Shore wankers. Their whole following should have been swallowed.

4. Blue Maverick

Blue Maverick

I agree they are thicker they even talk about films that haven't even been released yet ;)

5. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

Recently became a man of leisure.
    Dunno but I've noticed 15-1 has either become dumbed down or I've retained too much random knowledge over the years.

I reality I think the gap between clever and thick is growing.

Ignoring literacy issues some of the under 30's are just thick. The Jade comment on Big Brother about 'Is East Anglia a country' sums a large part of the population up.

6. dronefromsector7G

dronefromsector7G

Standing on a fine line, between this and that
    I would of thought so to. End off.

7. Ban-jani

Ban-jani

I sea what you did their

8. pee dubya

pee dubya

________
    I'm definitely thicker than i was 10 years ago, and it wasn't a very high starting point. I blame technology, it's ruined my attention span, ability to concentrate and squirrels!!!

9. BimboBob

BimboBob

People have always been thick, it's just that you are exposed to them more these days.

10. urban genie

urban genie

People are not thicker, but life is saturated with dumbing down technology that is 24/7, people spend there young life fed nonsense rather than learning through doing stuff.

Iean do kids still go down the park to play footy, play in the street, climb trees or build rope swings or fuck about in abandonded buildings, because theres fuck all else to do on a bank holiday we used to, keeping your mind active not idle.

Last edited: 17 Apr 2017