Are Sane, Sterling, Jesus, Stones going to be as good as Kompany, Toure, Aguero?

Sterling- world class level but just behind Sane and Jesus. Only thing he needs to improve is his decision making in front of goal.

I'm not saying you're wrong but my opinion is that the difference there is overall mentality. The way Raheem has been treated is not something I believe Leroy and Gabriel have been through and hopefully they never will.

I kept faith during his terrible run of form in the latter half of last season but there was always the chance that that kind of pressure can break a young man. This term he's vastly improved but it's obvious that he still has so much more to give. Bit by bit he's proving his doubters wrong and, as unfortunate as his treatment has been, the flip side is that he's probably coming out of it as a much tougher person mentally.

He's older than the other two but his progress was hindered and it now looks like he's back well on track to becoming the player that he looked like he'd become when he exploded onto the scene as a teenager.

I'm not saying you're wrong but my opinion is that the difference there is overall mentality. The way Raheem has been treated is not something I believe Leroy and Gabriel have been through and hopefully they never will.

I kept faith during his terrible run of form in the latter half of last season but there was always the chance that that kind of pressure can break a young man. This term he's vastly improved but it's obvious that he still has so much more to give. Bit by bit he's proving his doubters wrong and, as unfortunate as his treatment has been, the flip side is that he's probably coming out of it as a much tougher person mentally.

He's older than the other two but his progress was hindered and it now looks like he's back well on track to becoming the player that he looked like he'd become when he exploded onto the scene as a teenager.

I love Raheem and stood by him even last year through all the criticism where I think he performed very well given the circumstances. I agree that his mentality is the best of the 3 and to have the season he is having after the media witch hunt is truly astonishing. Sterling may well surpass them both, it really is tough to call. Sterling is just missing that killer instinct to score. He seems to think like Silva in the box, preferring to find someone rather than score. I think this can be worked and he has scored some wonderful goals that still wow me to this day. In terms of Mentality he is number 1 then G. Jesus close behind and Sane a few steps lower. G. Jesus for me is very strong mentally, he is just ice cold. Came to Brazilian National Team at 19 and bossed it right away, same thing in the Premier League benching one of the greatest strikers in PL history. He also came from the streets, overcoming a number of hardships to be where he is today.

Great to see Raheem and Sane are practically best friends. Hopefully G. Jesus can continue to integrate and combine well with them both. Think they will all stay with us for a long time and win many,many trophies together. Exciting times ahead.

Sane will be one of the best 3 players in the world in 3 years. Not sure about Raheem, he needs to make big improvements in aspects of his game, and Jesus is far too early to say

Sane and Jesus look like they could reach the very top....they will have to to be considered as good as Kun

sterling will be the level below

stones is good but he wont be as good as Kompany

yaya is unique so very difficult to judge anyone next to him in his prime...but will any of the new batch be able to win us games single handedly like he did....i doubt it but then again as said before his talent was unique

Silva - going to be very difficult to replace...kdb has attributes that already put him on a par in some respects (infact in some aspects he is better) BUT he will never have the ability to run/dictate a game. His short range passing isn't good enough as well...those balls through the eye of a needle just aren't as natural as they are for dave.

Sterling needs to be pushed.

He lets a lot of time pass him by. Rashford has a fraction of his talent but tries. Every time Rashford egts the ball he runs at his man and goes for goal. But he isn't very good. Hoddle's gushing criticism of him when he was having a bad game was embarrassing, but Sterling could do with copying his attitude.

That's the only thing Sterling lacks. he must impose himself on games. Too often he passes it off and lets someone else take the initiative. He can beat a man when he tries

I love Raheem and stood by him even last year through all the criticism where I think he performed very well given the circumstances. I agree that his mentality is the best of the 3 and to have the season he is having after the media witch hunt is truly astonishing. Sterling may well surpass them both, it really is tough to call. Sterling is just missing that killer instinct to score. He seems to think like Silva in the box, preferring to find someone rather than score. I think this can be worked and he has scored some wonderful goals that still wow me to this day. In terms of Mentality he is number 1 then G. Jesus close behind and Sane a few steps lower. G. Jesus for me is very strong mentally, he is just ice cold. Came to Brazilian National Team at 19 and bossed it right away, same thing in the Premier League benching one of the greatest strikers in PL history. He also came from the streets, overcoming a number of hardships to be where he is today.

Great to see Raheem and Sane are practically best friends. Hopefully G. Jesus can continue to integrate and combine well with them both. Think they will all stay with us for a long time and win many,many trophies together. Exciting times ahead.
Great post and i agree with most of it.
Re raheem needing a killer instinct to score,its important to remember that Pep has encouraged all his forward players to enter the 6 yard box with their heads up and look for players in an even better scoring posistion than their own; this can be seen time amd time again with even a cursory glance at the nature of our goals this season,esp early season when we were flying.
With this critical part of Peps philosophy in the background,it is ...perhaps..harsh to talk of Sterling requiring a killer instinct..ie like Silva score,not pass
The boss is saying pass not shoot...I agreee Sterlings finishing could be sharper at times,but i also know what instructions every City forward player is adhering to this season...look for someone,unmarked,who can roll the ball into the net...put personal glory to one side.

It remains to be seen whether this policy is correct.

Sterling needs to be pushed.

He lets a lot of time pass him by. Rashford has a fraction of his talent but tries. Every time Rashford egts the ball he runs at his man and goes for goal. But he isn't very good. Hoddle's gushing criticism of him when he was having a bad game was embarrassing, but Sterling could do with copying his attitude.

That's the only thing Sterling lacks. he must impose himself on games. Too often he passes it off and lets someone else take the initiative. He can beat a man when he tries
I Think what your advocating is an Aaron Lennon type of wide forward play..head down,pacey,take your man on and beat him at every opportunity.
Look where that got Lennon.
A trip to mersyside .and the end of his england career.
I dont want Sterling to be a headless chicken..rather a pacey wide man who plays with his head up, is aware of what is going on around him,is flexible enough,and skillful enough to come inside his full back at times,is cunning enough to play almost as an inside forward and score goals, and to time his runs from the oppising side of the field into the 6 yard box ,to look to score,when the ball is on the other wing ...ie anticipate accurate delivery of the ball into the box from the other side and score from point blank range.

None of the aforementioned skills were learnt by aaron lennon ,and Mancini had to really bully adam johnson into ensuring he kept adding to his rather one dimensional game...Sterling is doing more than ok,and is turning into a player of world class potential...he is playing champions league football every season,scores and assists regulary,and is an automatic choice for England....compare and contrast to the rather one dimensional careers of lennon and johnson.
Sterling should be talked about on the level of Robben....,should his development continue.

Sort of bizarre to focus solely on league games. I think these players have the capacity to surpass the last generation if you will but Aguero is so special -- it'll be hard to top him.

It's the replacement of Silva that I am most worried about going to be very difficult to find another player that comes close to him.

I Think what your advocating is an Aaron Lennon type of wide forward play..head down,pacey,take your man on and beat him at every opportunity.
Look where that got Lennon.
A trip to mersyside .and the end of his england career.
I dont want Sterling to be a headless chicken..rather a pacey wide man who plays with his head up, is aware of what is going on around him,is flexible enough,and skillful enough to come inside his full back at times,is cunning enough to play almost as an inside forward and score goals, and to time his runs from the oppising side of the field into the 6 yard box ,to look to score,when the ball is on the other wing ...ie anticipate accurate delivery of the ball into the box from the other side and score from point blank range.

None of the aforementioned skills were learnt by aaron lennon ,and Mancini had to really bully adam johnson into ensuring he kept adding to his rather one dimensional game...Sterling is doing more than ok,and is turning into a player of world class potential...he is playing champions league football every season,scores and assists regulary,and is an automatic choice for England....compare and contrast to the rather one dimensional careers of lennon and johnson.
Sterling should be talked about on the level of Robben....,should his development continue.
Sterling provided the one moment of real quality in the England game and it was the key moment. I disagree about adding other aspects to his game, awareness etc. I want him to do more of what he has a unique talent for, beating a man one on one in tight spaces. That is what makes him a special talent. For me all the quick one touch passing is about getting players like Sterling in the penalty area where if you beat the last defender, you are one on one with the keeper or you can put someone else in like he did for Defoe. And he doesn't do it enough.

Rashford had a very frustrating match where he was continually losing the ball. I was watching it with a Utd fan, and of his first 7 dribbles 6 failed. But he did that in about 15 mins whereas Sterling continually passed it off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.