Are Sane, Sterling, Jesus, Stones going to be as good as Kompany, Toure, Aguero?

Great post and i agree with most of it.
Re raheem needing a killer instinct to score,its important to remember that Pep has encouraged all his forward players to enter the 6 yard box with their heads up and look for players in an even better scoring posistion than their own; this can be seen time amd time again with even a cursory glance at the nature of our goals this season,esp early season when we were flying.
With this critical part of Peps philosophy in the background,it is ...perhaps..harsh to talk of Sterling requiring a killer instinct..ie like Silva score,not pass
The boss is saying pass not shoot...I agreee Sterlings finishing could be sharper at times,but i also know what instructions every City forward player is adhering to this season...look for someone,unmarked,who can roll the ball into the net...put personal glory to one side.

It remains to be seen whether this policy is correct.

Maybe I was a little harsh in that aspect. Sterling shows the killer instinct at times, what he needs to do is show it more consistently. I would say that even Aguero is currently lacking in that department where as before you would back him with even a half chance now he seems to frequently miss sitters. When Sterling is 1 v 1 with the keeper he sometimes overthinks it, he needs to take a breath, pick a spot, and put the ball in the net. I believe it will improve and when it does the possibilities are endless really. Something that gets overlooked is the positions Sterling gets himself into, really astonishing, he is one of the best players I have ever seen in that regard, so intelligent. Sterling has been having an amazing season, simply put he is a game changer, either scores or assists practically every game now.

I love the policy of passing to find the player with the most space/best position when it works its beautiful. As our players get used to each other some more it will get even better. The G. Jesus goal vs West Ham where him, Sterling and Sane combined was magical. Next season with proper support from quality full backs our front 3 will play even better.

It's very hard to compare players starting out with those that have given us years of good service.
We have hindsight with the old guard. When Kompany, Yaya and Aguero signed, there was no
guarantee that they would do as well as they have.

People seem to be acting like Sterling hasn't been our POTS so far. Hmm. Sterling has stood up and been counted when needed more than De Bruyne or Sané or Yaya have this season. Winning pens, scoring goals, providing excellent assists at key moments. He's often been the spark that's broken down a tough defence or won us an important game. I think he just needs to develop that killer instinct to become an elite footballer.

I think Sterling could go as far as Sané. Sané and Gabriel probably have more raw talent but Sterling has loads going for him. I think all 3 of Sané/Jesus/Sterling have the potential to become world class. I mean, the talent is there for sure and the way they compliment each other will only benefit each of them.

Stones is a very good player as well with a lot of potential. As a centre-back, he's younger than those three in comparison to his positional peak, Kompany was a pretty average defensive midfielder at 22, he only really developed into a top centre back in his mid twenties. Jerome Boateng was a flat out failure at City at 22, while Van Dijk had just moved from Groningen to Celtic for £2.6m at the same age.

Personally, I think Gündogan is Yaya's natural successor, as long as these seemingly chronic knee problems don't persist too much.
De Bruyne is a wonderful footballer who'll only get better, he's adapting to his deeper role but doesn't quite look the same threat he did as a no 10.

We have some business to do next summer of course, stalwarts like Zabaleta, Clichy, Hart need replacing, and Silva is not getting any younger but Brahim Díaz really does look the business (although Isco does look like a possible signing this summer (which I would not be against at all)).

We've definitely got some exciting talent at the club, and I'm sure most will succeed but there is no way of telling we'll just have to wait and see.

Maybe I was a little harsh in that aspect. Sterling shows the killer instinct at times, what he needs to do is show it more consistently. I would say that even Aguero is currently lacking in that department where as before you would back him with even a half chance now he seems to frequently miss sitters. When Sterling is 1 v 1 with the keeper he sometimes overthinks it, he needs to take a breath, pick a spot, and put the ball in the net. I believe it will improve and when it does the possibilities are endless really. Something that gets overlooked is the positions Sterling gets himself into, really astonishing, he is one of the best players I have ever seen in that regard, so intelligent. Sterling has been having an amazing season, simply put he is a game changer, either scores or assists practically every game now.

I love the policy of passing to find the player with the most space/best position when it works its beautiful. As our players get used to each other some more it will get even better. The G. Jesus goal vs West Ham where him, Sterling and Sane combined was magical. Next season with proper support from quality full backs our front 3 will play even better.

You've pointed out something some of our own players miss quite a bit. Sterling's position is quite astonishing. He gets into the right areas. Only issue is finishing. Just needs to take a breath, pick a spot and score. However, easier said than done. He will improve and the manager to help him is at City. I think Patrick Roberts can push him. He has better vision, takes on players (more so than Sterling) and can finish. However, he also needs works. Good times ahead.

We will have a different sort of player to replace yaya so to mention him in this comparison isn't quite right.

Sane & Sterling on each wing playing wide is as good as we have had for decades and not just the modern era. Sterling has improved dramatically since Sane has played more, Sane is a better player than sterling, quite a lot and you can see sterling learns from him. I don't know why fans say Sane has just clicked, he clicked on his first step for us but didn't get played regular enough.

Stones will not be another Kompany, he will come good but needs a leader like Kompany with experience.

Jesus and Aguero will play in the same squad for a while so isn't a direct replacement. Jesus is more difficult and dangerous to the opposition than aguero, stick two defenders on Aguero and it keeps him quiet, stick three defenders on jesus and he will still take the piss out of them. But Ageuro is a legend, would be wrong to say jesus is better because the consistency and professionalism of Sergio over the years is second to none.

On the whole we are better / stronger / far more dangerous to the opposition, unfortunately jesus got injured so it has weakened the second spot for us. But next season you watch us go.

We will have a different sort of player to replace yaya so to mention him in this comparison isn't quite right.

Sane & Sterling on each wing playing wide is as good as we have had for decades and not just the modern era. Sterling has improved dramatically since Sane has played more, Sane is a better player than sterling, quite a lot and you can see sterling learns from him. I don't know why fans say Sane has just clicked, he clicked on his first step for us but didn't get played regular enough.

Stones will not be another Kompany, he will come good but needs a leader like Kompany with experience.

Jesus and Aguero will play in the same squad for a while so isn't a direct replacement. Jesus is more difficult and dangerous to the opposition than aguero, stick two defenders on Aguero and it keeps him quiet, stick three defenders on jesus and he will still take the piss out of them. But Ageuro is a legend, would be wrong to say jesus is better because the consistency and professionalism of Sergio over the years is second to none.

On the whole we are better / stronger / far more dangerous to the opposition, unfortunately jesus got injured so it has weakened the second spot for us. But next season you watch us go.

Sane was injured when he arrived and pep explained he was taking a while to settle,sane has since said he had a difficult start but it clicked with the arses game and he has been flying since then,he is brilliant

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.