Are Sane, Sterling, Jesus, Stones going to be as good as Kompany, Toure, Aguero?

Its a hard comparison to make. Stirling and Sane are both wonderful players and both I think are capable of reaching top 10 in the world. Too early to judge GJ yet although all the signs are that he will be an amazing player. There is little doubt that we will have a fantastically talented squad that has pace and wonderful technique in abundance. What I am not seeing yet though is where our leaders on the pitch will come from. Vinnie and Zaba in particular, Yaya in his pomp all lead by example and through their strong personality both on the pitch and in the dressing room.They were all massively instrumental in winning our cups and the 2 league titles. I think that Stones given a year or two can become a leader on the pitch, maybe Gundo will - he has a big personality. We will need that leadership and mental toughness in the squad. Pep will provide it off the pitch but we need it in the squad as well.

I keep thinking that John Stones could step up into the Yaya role. His passing and possession play with a defensive edge could bring a fresh dimension in DM.

Sane and Jesus are exciting prospects.

I'm not 100% convinced that Sterling will ever be more than a good player.

Stones needs to work on his weaknesses and if he does he could become a great player.

De Bruyne- poor season for me. Not enough goals. Needs to up that and his work rate when we don't have the ball.

Silva- has to stay. Still our best player.

All will be good enough for what we need.

Writing Aguero off is too premature. He hasn't been as good this season but he is a goal machine. I personally think we would be mad to sell him.
Toure has been one of the better players since he came back Bar the odd game. Probably time for him to move on though. I think with no contract offer on the table his performances could well drop between now and the end of the season.

All the rest are not good enough if we want to be winning CL.

I would maybe keep Ottamendi as a back up CB but I don't rate him much.

Other than that the rest can go for me, including Fernandinho who for me is not going to get any better now and will slowly get worse as time catches up with him.

That is a lot of rebuilding work.

Might take two seasons to get it right but we need to sign the following this season to compete for me.

Keeper
RB
LB
CB
CM x 2
Striker.

Sane was injured when he arrived and pep explained he was taking a while to settle,sane has since said he had a difficult start but it clicked with the arses game and he has been flying since then,he is brilliant

Yes injured but think made an appearance mid September, he wasnt first choice and Pep thought to bring him in slowly. Some fans said they weren't sure if he could make it but that first game in sept you could tell he was going to be very good. For Sane he might have felt good and settled after arses game but before that he was dam good. If he thought he was just ordinary before arses game he has very high standards, top player.

When Jesus is fit and these two play together defenders will be stood scratching their arses :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.