Are the Dwellers of the Swamp just a bunch of Glory Hunters?

BLUEYdogg

Strange that alot of my Rag m8`s only started following Man Utd when the EPL started up and they say they are not glory hunters.lol BUT have i found the proof that the true nature of the rag support is governed by success?

Judge for yourselves the future for the True Rags.lol

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/3pm/Dopey-Manchester-United-fans-sport-City-scarves-at-derby-plus-the-very-best-of-Talksport-s-Mike-Parry-Steve-Anglesey-s-3PM-column-article696959.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion ... 96959.html</a>

27ytv2g.jpg

In reality of course most United fans are "glory hunters" and soon, City will may not have the same amount but will have plenty. People from all over the world who watch the Premier League, usually support one of the best teams or the best team, that has been United, because first, people want to support their idols and secondly there games are shown more than any other teams. Then in England, it's the same, I grew up through an age of United dominance and despite being midland based, most people support United, simply because although we're in Midlands, still 30/40 mins from any Blues/Villa/WBA, so automatically, kids don't see teams very local, while plenty of the United supporting friends I have, their dads like football but aren't sort of die hard fans so as a kid when you watch TV and you have no one influencing who you should support and then you see Cantona, Giggs etc...your much more likely to look at them as idols and support that team rather than seeing Villa with Steve Stone and Alan Thompson in the midfield.

If City start to dominate around the English league and in Europe, the next generation, we'll see a helluva lot of City fans coming up.

Unfortunately, that's the world. Thankfully, I grew up with my Dad a big Villa fan who was willing to take me from a young age.

But like anything, Federer is my favourite tennis player because when I started watching tennis properly 5/6 years ago, he was so dominant, played so beautifully and won, it was just great to watch and even though his dominance is no more, I still support him because I did also for 5/6 years.

Barcelona, last year really it started, just the football they play drew me to them, I've barely missed a game of theirs since, especially this season, missed about 4 league games. I guess I'm a glory hunter but I just can't take my eyes off their football and really do love likes of Messi which makes me support the team.

United have an extremely large base of glory hunters, if they can't admit it then they are simply stupid but being a glory hunter is nothing to be ashamed of, well unless you are bought up a fan of a local team, taken to games and then at some point after the age of 12 (cut off point!) start supporting someone like United!

It's just logical.

timesprout said:
Just watched the bbc re-run of todays games the Arse games........someone in a city shirt !!!!!!!!!

LOL Classic<br /><br />-- Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:05 am --<br /><br />
Villan10 said:
In reality of course most United fans are "glory hunters" and soon, City will may not have the same amount but will have plenty. People from all over the world who watch the Premier League, usually support one of the best teams or the best team, that has been United, because first, people want to support their idols and secondly there games are shown more than any other teams. Then in England, it's the same, I grew up through an age of United dominance and despite being midland based, most people support United, simply because although we're in Midlands, still 30/40 mins from any Blues/Villa/WBA, so automatically, kids don't see teams very local, while plenty of the United supporting friends I have, their dads like football but aren't sort of die hard fans so as a kid when you watch TV and you have no one influencing who you should support and then you see Cantona, Giggs etc...your much more likely to look at them as idols and support that team rather than seeing Villa with Steve Stone and Alan Thompson in the midfield.

If City start to dominate around the English league and in Europe, the next generation, we'll see a helluva lot of City fans coming up.

Unfortunately, that's the world. Thankfully, I grew up with my Dad a big Villa fan who was willing to take me from a young age.

But like anything, Federer is my favourite tennis player because when I started watching tennis properly 5/6 years ago, he was so dominant, played so beautifully and won, it was just great to watch and even though his dominance is no more, I still support him because I did also for 5/6 years.

Barcelona, last year really it started, just the football they play drew me to them, I've barely missed a game of theirs since, especially this season, missed about 4 league games. I guess I'm a glory hunter but I just can't take my eyes off their football and really do love likes of Messi which makes me support the team.

United have an extremely large base of glory hunters, if they can't admit it then they are simply stupid but being a glory hunter is nothing to be ashamed of, well unless you are bought up a fan of a local team, taken to games and then at some point after the age of 12 (cut off point!) start supporting someone like United!

It's just logical.

well said i like the Villa fans.......used tolove seeing the Villa team before the EPL they had a certain class of honest football that was a joy to watch.

i Dont see a problem with those scarves tbh. Dont get me wrong, i wouldnt wear one at a derby, ever.

I know one of the guys that sells them. They were originally done for big games CL etc, but started doing them for visiting fans eg crawley, as it isnt often they would get to the swamp. Now they do they for pretty much every game

Incidentally, i know a rag season ticket holder. he has started getting one from each game this season. Apart from the united part it does look pretty cool with them all hung up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.