Are the match going fans the last piece in Pep's revolution?

Understood. No prob. Tbf, though, I very much doubt united and Liverpool have lost their core support. I’m sure their core consists mainly of fans of quite long standing, of whom many will stay loyal through leaner years. They do, however, have a sizeable “outer layer” of the more casual fans that you describe.

Like it or not, it’s inevitable as we “go global” that we will experience exactly the same thing. Probably best to embrace it, and welcome the fact that a growing number of people all over the world are feeling entertained and enthused by our beloved club. Equally, I do agree that we need to nurture our core base who have stood by the club through thick and thin.

united and liverpool have lost a huge amount of there core fanbase. i know quite a few united fans who dont go anymore, who went for years. you can see it at anfield aswell, there are thousands of young people in liverpool who have never even been to anfield now ( affordability is a key factor with that)i dont want that at city. if we keep tickets affordable then that wont happen. i dont think its wishful thinking. we need to keep that sense of identity/ loyal fanbase that have stuck by us for so many years and potential for growing our local fanbase is huge aswell

so yes welcome new fans, but look after our core fnbase and keep it affordable for mancunians. then both new and longstanding fans can attend. obviosuly we will have new fans, but we have to find the right balance. if you get young people in the ground from the area thats the key to improving the atmosphere for me. if the etihad becomes like old trafford there is no point in even trying to improve it.

Last edited:
Don't agree with the price complaints, we have some of the cheapest tickets in the league and we get arguably the best football this country has ever witnessed. Cup games, City price them very well and we still don't attract this apparent core group of fans that have been priced out. There are things City could do to help. there's many things infact, but i believe we've got it pretty sweet when it comes to ticket pricing compared to the rest.

It's upto us fans to create the atmosphere, both home and away i often see day trippers making more noise than the guys on 20,000 points that go everywhere. This isn't a problem unique to City either, you can see it around the grounds across the country, the state of the game in this country has changed atmospheres in football grounds, it's a global spectacle now where the tv audience is deemed more important than the fan at the match, it's led to that connection you feel with the club when at the match being lost, there's a lack of togetherness and unity and that's what generally drives the atmosphere i stadiums. Like i said, this isn't something specific to us and for that reason i don't blame the club, its an issue with football in general in this country and until some drastic changes are brought in at the very top nothing will change
Great post. Was in the home end at Huddersfield away last season in the cup and it felt a little like Maine road.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.