Are the Uber British DUP, the antithesis of 2017 British values?

Can I ask what a Scottish Nationalist cares about Britain?

I care very much. Because we want to run our affairs, I doubt it will happen, however, that doesn't mean we don't care. It means we care more.

The reason we want to go is exactly due to the situation we are in now. Tory gov still pursuing austerity. About to leave the eu. If we aren't to leave then, we want to join with other party's to attempt to halt the Tories and their policies.

Circumstances have persuaded most Yes voters to vote SNP due to the farcical scottish Labour Party and the election before last witnessed the Labour Party pronounce they would be more austere than the Tories.

That was a betrayal and how they stood shoulder to shoulder with the Tories in the Indy Ref, sickened so many that Labour up here are finished.

It is not nationalism in the context of xenophobia. We want and need immigration to rise. We want to continue to offer support to the old and keep higher education free. I'm not a braveheart. The vast maj of SNP voters were previously labour.

Don't listen to the right wing press. Oh, and we don't hate the English either.

they already have that, their own parliament reporting to the UK parliament.
Reporting the the republic parliament seems like a small change instead and to anyone sane it is, to the looney fringe of the unionists its a declaration of war and an excuse for murder and mayhem on a grand scale.

I thought that would be outside of the Overton Window .... but its a starting point ....may be after four hundred years we should start talking about re unifying IRELAND

I thought that would be outside of the Overton Window .... but its a starting point ....may be after four hundred years we should start talking about re unifying IRELAND

its been less than 100 years since ireland was divided (95 years if you want to be picky), prior to that it unified but under british rule. Prior to that under english rule

By 400 years you appear to be looking back to the period of plantations and military campaigns under the Tudors, who enforced the rule of the english kings first claimed in 1177. That was subjugation of a united ireland. A bad thing undoubtably, but not a division of ireland.

I think you are all so unkind. The DUP are all fine upstanding men and women, with malice to none and fairness to all, and T. May is the greatest PM since the last one. It's religion, see, that binds them. Or blinds them, take your pick.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.