Are we looking to sign a striker?

My point isn't that we don't need a plan for if that happens. My point is we can't buy a striker at a level good enough to stand in for Aguero because they won't play enough, we need somebody that can play probably in a 3 with Aguero and maybe Sterling and get goals, and is able to play centrally when needs be. But my answer to the thread question ' do we need a centre forward' would be no, because they wouldnt play enough games. Even if Bony goes.

I agree but even Aguero himself used to be a player in more than one position.

In fact v Real he spent a lot of the first half on the left side ( although he probably wasn't supposed to).

I am not sure if we are after a centre forward but with the list of anticipated players including Gundogan Laporte and now Wilshire, I think we might be preparing for an incoming Stryker.

Can't see us getting Aubameyang, he seems to have made it very clear he wants to go to Spain not England unfortunately. He is however the type of player we should be looking at, we need a striker who can also play as a winger - rather than a number 2 to just bench warm. Sanchez/Aubameyang/Griezmann are the 3 that come to mind - don't see any as being likely though, so someone in that mould would be ideal.

Considering we'll have Aguero and Icheanacho once Bony does one, I've heard little else mentioned about a new out and out striker. Bit concerning, though im sure there are names in Pep's black book he has in mind.

Will he not play with a striker?
Will he convert a winger?

Thoughts?

Considering we'll have Aguero and Icheanacho once Bony does one, I've heard little else mentioned about a new out and out striker. Bit concerning, though im sure there are names in Pep's black book he has in mind.

Will he not play with a striker?
Will he convert a winger?

Thoughts?

We're all just guessing at what he might do with every position. Which is great imo.

We should go for Insigne from Napoli. Winger that can play as a striker as well. Amazing player, most underrated winger in world football. I ve been watching him for a long time now.

We're all just guessing at what he might do with every position. Which is great imo.
Well I've seen Fernandinho and Delph are going to be our new full backs so I reckon Zabaleta or Kolorov are a good shout for striker. He does like his mix and match does our Pep.

I would love for us to go after a guy like Aubameyang as he can play anywhere across the front.....would give us a centre forward when needed but could also play out wide....I personally feel if we could get this guy there would be less of a need for Sane as well.....this would be a 2 for 1 deal and worth paying the extra cash to get....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.