Are we ( English fans ) an embarrassment nowadays

I was at the England Russia game. We had a frustrating night on the pitch, but not off...

Not gonna lie, I wasn't there for the disco. So when the Ruskies decided to run our lads I was c**k-a-hoop. I wasn't in the section where the charge took place but managed to clamber over the walkway, plough my way through the fleeing English scarfers, and wade straight into the stinking slavs.

Didn't know what to expect from their boys; dusters, blades? It's all the same to me.

First lad to come at me was a wiry little punk with a penchant for kung fu kicks. Soppy shite looked like he was really enjoying himself. I stuck the nut on him and threw him over my back to clear a path.

Next up was some plonker built like a nightclub bouncer, well he got bounced alright - about three rows down thanks to a crushing right hand. G'night son.

Another lad shaped like he fancied a go but, having just seen his pal get one arrowed, thought better of it. The look in his eye screamed 'Ivana go home'.

At this point it became clear to Vlad's lads that they'd met their match. I stuck my arms out by my sides and felt the rush of victory - it was a proud moment to be representing my country like that.

I sauntered back to the England lads and received a lot of slaps on the back: 'well done mate', said a Chelsea Pensioner, 'you've got some balls you have'. That was reward enough for me, but he insisted on unpinning one of his medals and sticking it on my burberry bumbag. We saluted each other and belted out the national anthem one more time.

A night that will stick in my mind forever.:)

Fair play.
That had me laughing out loud.

I was at the England Russia game. We had a frustrating night on the pitch, but not off...

Not gonna lie, I wasn't there for the disco. So when the Ruskies decided to run our lads I was c**k-a-hoop. I wasn't in the section where the charge took place but managed to clamber over the walkway, plough my way through the fleeing English scarfers, and wade straight into the stinking slavs.

Didn't know what to expect from their boys; dusters, blades? It's all the same to me.

First lad to come at me was a wiry little punk with a penchant for kung fu kicks. Soppy shite looked like he was really enjoying himself. I stuck the nut on him and threw him over my back to clear a path.

Next up was some plonker built like a nightclub bouncer, well he got bounced alright - about three rows down thanks to a crushing right hand. G'night son.

Another lad shaped like he fancied a go but, having just seen his pal get one arrowed, thought better of it. The look in his eye screamed 'Ivana go home'.

At this point it became clear to Vlad's lads that they'd met their match. I stuck my arms out by my sides and felt the rush of victory - it was a proud moment to be representing my country like that.

I sauntered back to the England lads and received a lot of slaps on the back: 'well done mate', said a Chelsea Pensioner, 'you've got some balls you have'. That was reward enough for me, but he insisted on unpinning one of his medals and sticking it on my burberry bumbag. We saluted each other and belted out the national anthem one more time.

What happened next?

I think the whole British drinking culture abroad is the embarressment,
You couldn't pay me to go and watch England abroad but I've been lucky enough to watch my fair share of City matches abroad. I don't know if you've been abroad with City but if you have I don't understand your post. I'd still have fingers spare if I counted on one hand how many times I've seen trouble at those matches.

Do I get pissed? Yes
Do I have a fight with anybody? No
Do I generally have a great laugh with opposing fans? Yes.

Not everybody is aggressive when they are pissed.

I heard something similar but I thought it was rival Belgian clubs combining to fight city fans. Yours sounds more logical.
I think he's right. I watched that fight and I was sure it was just one geezer that got thrown out.

Biscuit and tea all over desk! Thanks!

Funny as, where did you lift it from?

England fans are a strange and nationalist bunch.

I'm Irish. We're welcomed with open arms around the world. We're as loud and boisterous as the English fans. As are the Scots. The Welsh less so IMO. But the trouble only seems to come from English crowds. Why is this?

I think it's a size thing. England doesn't have a suppoter base. it has factions. Northern fans, London fans etc. All trying to one up each other.

The bulk of fans aren't educated football fans either. They support lower league teams. Prem teams do a good job of getting all of our money. Our fans have no time nor money to go support national teams(for my sins I went to every Ireland match that involved City players against us and had a City shirt on under my jacket) but where we have Champs league games and trips to Wembley, fans from Scunny or Plymouth (to just grab two names) have the national team for that.

So you mix them all together in white shirts, but they are not a unified supporter base at all.

Very similar to Kolns situation then. Lokeren was a brilliant trip by the way. I'm pretty sure the stadium was 75% city. I remember it kicking off big time in the stand to our right.

Stand tomthe tight, I remember the rumour bring that it was Antwerp fans coming to fight City but they ended up fighting Lokeren fans.

Fantastic trip that. That poor little town, they were selling pick n mix outside the ground like it was a school fate.
Beer mats for tickets and s feeling the wooden temporary stand was going to collapse at any time!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.