are we handling our new found wealth?

Bluesince1979

seams to me that the club as a whole, fans, players, manager etc just arent handling being the richest club on the planet.

we as fans are stupid enough to expect instant success. we have a paper thin squad so of course when you leave even one or two of our top players out and play the likes of fernandes (one of the most hopeless city players i have ever seen) we may struggle. i'm not a huge hughes fan, far from it, but he aint getting sacked now so lets get behind him.

the players, it appears, are shiting it that they will be on there way. a few big names may have upset the dressing room a little but as more world stars come in that will soon go. we have probably 4 or 5 or 6 players who in the long run will still be around so of the lesser players is there heart in it?

and hughes, well as said above. just not sure he is cut out to handle all the money and star players. would like him eventually to fuck off. i just dont think he can hack it. but we're stuck with him for now so lets support him best we can.

I agree with that.

The money coming into City is an unprecedented situation. When Abramovic came into Chelsea, they were already a top 4 club, and they did not need overhauling.

With City, every player and the manager is surrounded with question marks and speculation about star players / managers coming in to replace them.

Clearly this can not happen overnight, and in the interim half of the current squad are underperforming, and a few like Ireland have raised their game

I am bit disappointed that Hughes is continuing to play a couple of players who have demonstrated that they put themselves above their club and team mates. Hughes has to be strong now. He has to retain the allegiance of the existing squad, but get rid of one or two players who are undermining the team

I don't envy the jon Hughes has. Ifhe can see it through, players like Bridge, SWP, Robinho, Ireland, Hart, Richards, Dunne, Zabeletta, Sturridge will ensure success in the future

Unfortunately we are left with a 2nd string of players who are de-motivated and not good enough, and for the moment we are dependent on them

Have they no pride?

You are correct. It is the first example of billions unsettling a club. Still, if you take a step back, those billions should help us in the long run.

I don't think any of the supporters expect instant success. It's just not the case, no matter how often it's repeated.

Marvin said:
I agree with that.

The money coming into City is an unprecedented situation. When Abramovic came into Chelsea, they were already a top 4 club, and they did not need overhauling.

With City, every player and the manager is surrounded with question marks and speculation about star players / managers coming in to replace them.

Clearly this can not happen overnight, and in the interim half of the current squad are underperforming, and a few like Ireland have raised their game

I am bit disappointed that Hughes is continuing to play a couple of players who have demonstrated that they put themselves above their club and team mates. Hughes has to be strong now. He has to retain the allegiance of the existing squad, but get rid of one or two players who are undermining the team

I don't envy the jon Hughes has. Ifhe can see it through, players like Bridge, SWP, Robinho, Ireland, Hart, Richards, Dunne, Zabeletta, Sturridge will ensure success in the future

Unfortunately we are left with a 2nd string of players who are de-motivated and not good enough, and for the moment we are dependent on them

Have they no pride?

Great point Marvin what some of those players don't realise is that they should be thinking about their long term future in football even if that isn't at Man City. No manager in the world will sign them on their current performances and equally no manager wants what can be perceived as trouble causers in their club.

The new found billions are causing some short term problems but in the long term and with more players like Bridge joining we are going to be far far better off.

svennis pennis said:
You are correct. It is the first example of billions unsettling a club. Still, if you take a step back, those billions should help us in the long run.

yep.

short run, it's bound to be disruptive. long run, i like our chances.

Its either change the squad and team so it fits with Hughes. Or bring in a manager capable of managing them better. I guess that we have no option now but to let MH change the team to suit his 'style'.

But I no longer believe that he is the man to take this club forward to the level that the money should translate into. There is no way we will win the UEFA Cup. I can't see how we will be in Europe next season. We are currently treading water at best. Improvement under MH will be slow and painful. With the money that we have, and a proven CL level manager, it should be possible to short-circuit this process. Shame.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.