Are we just a unmanageable team

pedigreeblue

No matter who we get in, it always seems to go pear shaped, can it always be the managers fault?

One constant has been the supporters, do we expect too much, do we put too much pressure on players, do we have too many brain dead supporters who get on players backs and boo and hiss at ridiculous times in a game, worst example was when Thatcher nearly decapitated Mendes and some idiots actually booed him as he was carried off !!. Is it because like it or not we have to suffer the success of the rags across the road, and it does make us bitter.

Good karma can play a part, i really believe the fantastic support and behaviour at the Munich Derby inspired our team to win, i also believe that some players get badly effected by the boo boys , and criticism handed out by a small percentage of our crowd, who can still be very voicferous. Supporters do pay a lot of money to sit and suffer and it could be argued that they are entitled to voice there opinions, but how do they think it can improve a players performance by constantly barracking him, or how do they think a team can improve when they are getting booed.

I don't think Supporters of teams like blackburn, bolton and portsmouth etc have these same high expectations as we have and the pressure that goes with that isn't heaped on there players or managers.

Hughes in my opinion is not the right man for the job, despite what i have said above, having a ex red with no experience of handling world class players was bound to fail.

Lets get a singing section in the ground, lets shut the boo boys up, lets get behind our team and get that good karma with the players and lets pray someone with a clue is given the money to buy some world class players and at least give us a chance to challenge for the top honours, i can't stand this pain much longer...

Nobody expected us 2 finish top 4 this season realistically

I did expect us to be at least top half going into xmas.Then with a few good signings,maybe even 1 huge name we could push for a top 6 finish.With the squad we have I wouldnt of considered that 2 high an expectation?

18th is an absolute disgrace and Hughes must take most of the blame.I'd respect him alot more if he wasnt full of bullshit excuses,just like baconface.

Hughes looked pale and tired i the interview on BBC website .
Never expected such a low position this time of the season.
The players apart from the famous five (Zab,SWP,Komp,Ireland andRobinho) are dreadful !!

pedigreeblue said:
I don't think Supporters of teams like blackburn, bolton and portsmouth etc have these same high expectations as we have and the pressure that goes with that isn't heaped on there players or managers

How in Gods name did you manage to make a comparison between us and the likes of Bolton?!

*singingtheblues* said:
pedigreeblue said:
I don't think Supporters of teams like blackburn, bolton and portsmouth etc have these same high expectations as we have and the pressure that goes with that isn't heaped on there players or managers

How in Gods name did you manage to make a comparison between us and the likes of Bolton?!

I am trying to say that there supporters do not have the high expectations that we have so are more unlikely to get on the back of there team if they aint challenging for the top 6, therefore there players play with a little less pressure. I am not saying we have siilar teams?

pedigreeblue said:
*singingtheblues* said:

I am trying to say that there supporters do not have the high expectations that we have so are more unlikely to get on the back of there team if they aint challenging for the top 6, therefore there players play with a little less pressure. I am not saying we have siilar teams?

Why do you think their fans don't have the same expectations as us?

It's glaringly obvious...

*singingtheblues* said:
pedigreeblue said:

you've lost me slightly, there are numerous reasons why Bolton and the like have never had the same expectations as City, dare i say we have always been a much bigger club, can you not undrsdtand how these expectations can add pressure to a team ?

Arsenal fans are moaning at Wenger. It was not long ago that some Man U fans thought that Fergerson should go.

I don't think City fans are any worst than any other clubs fans.

The players don't have a lot to live up to in view of the last 30 years and we have every right to expect better than we are getting at the moment.

So it is not unmangebale team but one that it playing poorly at the moment.

you've lost me slightly, there are numerous reasons why Bolton and the like have never had the same expectations as City, dare i say we have always been a much bigger club, can you not undrsdtand how these expectations can add pressure to a team ?

*bangs head against wall*

It hurts a little, but I've achieved more than I ever could having this discussion with you.

I think its not unrealistic to look for a team that can finish around 10th on a regular basis, and if you looked at all the polls when SGE left the overwhelming majority of city fans felt he should have been kept on, so I don't think our expectations are that far out of the norm.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.