Are we light in Central Mid now?

OK as long as we can stop the fast breaks against us in the 30%.

Which we will be able to do thanks to Mendy & Walker being absolutely rapid, and probably at their best defensively when 1v1 against someone trying to get in behind. They've got the pace to get there, and the physicality to just move them off the ball when shoulder to shoulder.

Which we will be able to do thanks to Mendy & Walker being absolutely rapid, and probably at their best defensively when 1v1 against someone trying to get in behind. They've got the pace to get there, and the physicality to just move them off the ball when shoulder to shoulder.
My favorite Walker attribute. He is such a dick about it too. :)

I'm going to savor watching him do it to the opposition as much as I hated watching him do it to our wingers the last few years.

I think the DM/Pivot/whatever you want to call it will be where the money goes next summer, I think with Yaya, Fernandinho and Gundogan we have enough there for this season but Yaya and Fern will probably move on in the summer freeing up a chunk of wages to go after someone like Weigl or Kimmich.
I think we should wait and see who emerges. 2 summers ago Mendy was some minor fullback at Marseille. And now his the.... Well you know what he is.

So no need to look at who was good last season. We'd know who to get come this time next summer.

But yes, Yaya and Dihno should be in there last year. Yaya retiring and Dihno moving on. I expect a youth player (Garcia or Luis, plus a marque buy to fill the role).

Exactly, we have the ball for 70% of the game, most of the other 30% it's in the opponents half, but for some reason people on here still think being a massive lump who puts in tackles is more important that what you do with the ball.

Who has said this?

Would you consider Kante, for example, as a lump who can't use the ball?

In 90% of matches this type of player might not be a necessity but against the top teams it's an option we need - that of course doesn't mean a new DM would only play the 10 % of games.

Who has said this?

Would you consider Kante, for example, as a lump who can't use the ball?

In 90% of matches this type of player might not be a necessity but against the top teams it's an option we need - that of course doesn't mean a new DM would only play the 10 % of games.
Kante isn't brilliant on the ball which is why France have dropped him in multiple key games.

Remains to be seen whether he can hang with the top passing midfields in the CL this season.

are we shite in central midfield now ?

FFS.

Do you think we are?

Surely this isn't about whether we are shit in midfield. It's about the role of DM and whether we are short in that department. It's about the possibility of improvement in midfield, not that it is shit, which it clearly isn't.

I think some posters forget where we are now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.