Are we looking to sign a striker?

I can't see neither of them joining us tbh. Dybala would cost a fortune to sign and Greizmann is the main man at Atletico. He wont be leaving to be a rotation option for Aguero

I've actually thought about this before, I enjoy watching Athletico play and have seen them a lot in la liga this past year. I rate him on the same level as Kun.

Griezmann would walk into our starting XI and he could possibly fit perfectly playing off Aguero as a second striker who can play in Kun with little 1-2s. KDB playing a 10, and 3 midfielders behind. 41212 midfield diamond. The two Ferns and Gundagan. Improved back 4 and Joe. Bench would be the deepest in the world.

BUT as you said, he's got it made. He's playing in the CL final in a couple days, and then the Euros in June. A big performance in the CL final and/or the Euros and he will have Bale level hype around him if he does want to leave. I don't know the guy personally, but I would imagine he's happy where he is at the moment.

Sterling can play striker and whichever winger we likely buy will be able to as well (players like Leroy Sane).
Sterling can't even play as a winger at the moment never mind a striker. i repeat, there is no chance of us only having Aguero and Kelechi as recognised strikers.

Maybe the question should be, can we get rid of Bony? There is a good chance we can’t and I can’t see us keeping a player and not using them.

Maybe the question should be, can we get rid of Bony? There is a good chance we can’t and I can’t see us keeping a player and not using them.

I'd like to think we could get rid of Bony at a loss without too much of a problem, clearing the way for a world class striker to come in.

Just seen that Lukaku has said he wants out this summer. I'd be interested to know If we could send Bony their as part of a deal. Would be a great addition.

Just seen that Lukaku has said he wants out this summer. I'd be interested to know If we could send Bony their as part of a deal. Would be a great addition.

Is Lukaku any better than the Bony we bought from Swansea. I'm not 100% convinced he would thrive with us but we could do a lot worse!

If we can Griezmann would fit best into Pep's style as can play wide and up top but doubt Athletico would be willing to sell. I can also see a bid for Morata and that may mean Aguero moves out wide as we know Pep likes to play around with positions and Kun does like to drift. One things for sure Kun will have to be more disciplined in his positional play under Pep as staying and playing in your position is one of the most important parts of Pep's philosophy until you get close to goal when there's more freedom.
Aguero is shit to average out wide. He is phenomenal most times in the middle. Why move him out wide and bring in a low scoring striker in Morata to play the middle?

I personally don't want Morata. He is a backup to Aguero at best and not that great out wide. He wants to leave Juve so he can start more. Doubt he'd be coming here.

There is a tendency in modern football to play 1 striker and 2 very attacking midfielders who play a role somewhere in between an old school winger and a 2nd striker. It’s a front 3 in attack and a 5 man midfield in defence. Both Barca and Real Madrid play that system. When the main striker is out they just shuffle the pack so a replacement player comes in somewhere in the front 3, each player being capable of each role.

Looking at our squad we have Aguero so the main striker is sorted we then have various players that can make up the 3 however they all have their drawbacks namely:
Bony – not mobile enough to play wide, needs a significant upturn in form to play central.
Kelechi – could play anywhere in a front 3, needs to work on his right foot.
KDB – great player but prefers a central role. Not a striker.
Silva – as per KDB, prefers to drift centrally and get on the ball.
Sterling – needs to hit form / score more goals, could be ideal for a wide spot.
Navas – good pace / discipline and a natural right winger – final ball is poor, not a striker.
Nasri – prefers to drift around, not a striker and poor discipline for a midfielder.

So in short any 2 you pick alongside Aguero brings some sort of compromise when you compare them to the best in the game i.e. the likes of Bale or Neymar. So it would not surprise me to see 1 or 2 of these players leave and a more adaptable striker / wide attacker brought in.
:) :) :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.