Are we the only team to lose their last match at an old ground?

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by Bluemoon dan, 14 May 2017.

1. Why Always Ste

Why Always Ste

Gym Rat
    We had to lose lol... Fucking place was cursed haha

Bit it wasn't the last match from remembrance?

Sure there was some match after the league game.

2. quiet_riot

quiet_riot

IT Nerd
    No but at least we didn't request The Most Famous Club in the World™ as our final home match at the ground we were leaving.

3. Bluemoon dan

Bluemoon dan

Looks as though we aren't then, which if I'm honest I'm a bit disappointed by! We're definitely in the minority though!

4. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

Recently became a man of leisure.
    Yeah a under 18 final v Leeds, we lost that as well.

5. jimharri

jimharri

Occasional idiot
    Millwall (bless them) lost their last game at The Den, 3-0 to Bristol Rovers in 1993. Shame, eh?

6. Typical Derby!

7. Typical Cardiff!

8. Etc.

9. Manc in London

Manc in London

I love the fact that we are a basketcase.

10. Southbanken

Southbanken

I do sometimes lol at your 'typical City' stuff, your'e really not as "bad" as you like to think you are. You're a massive club who have spent most of your history in and around the top tier and have history of winning cups and playing in Europe, there are are far more clubs out there who have a much worse record than you lot, but i suppose they don't have that lot down the road to compare themselves to which would be enough to give anyone an inferiority complex.

Take my club, Reading as an example:

As someone asked the question, Reading lost our last game at our old ground Elm Park, 0 - 1 v Norwich, we were relegated that season, although the last game didn't mean anything as we had been down for a while anyway!

Another terrible record that i think we share with Brentford is that we are the only clubs to have lost play off finals at Old Wembley, Cardiff and New Wembley.

We are also one of the only (i think) clubs to finish 2nd in the Championship (2nd Div as was) and not go up (as it was the year that the Premiership was reducing from 24 - 20 teams). We went into the play offs, were 2-0 up after 30 minutes and had a penalty awarded to us - we missed it - we lost 4-3.

It took us 135 years to even get into the Top Flight for the first time in our history.

You lot don't know how lucky you are!