Are you addicted to the internet?

If the internet was to end tomorrow, and somehow civilisation didn’t collapse as a consequence; how much do you think you would miss it?

I know I’d really struggle. It’s become such an integral part of my daily routine.

Would any of you prefer that scenario?

I think my life would be infinitely easier in many respects. Although then again I’d probably be unemployed too.

This forum is as close as I get to social media and seeing how obsessed some of my mates are I definitely made the right decision to avoid it all. I went away with 6 lads to Vegas a couple of years ago and a couple of them spent half the holiday on fucking facebook and tinder, I don’t understand why and never want to. It’s like some people have a real life persona and a glamorous fake internet persona, it’s complete bollocks to me.

There’s definite benefits to the internet as a learning and research tool, online gaming etc. but social media is just killing human interaction.

I’m really lucky I’ve got half a dozen really close mates who we’d all do anything for and catch up regularly and in between call & text quite a bit but nothing beats a day at the pub with each other and talking face to face.

This forum is as close as I get to social media and seeing how obsessed some of my mates are I definitely made the right decision to avoid it all. I went away with 6 lads to Vegas a couple of years ago and a couple of them spent half the holiday on fucking facebook and tinder, I don’t understand why and never want to. It’s like some people have a real life persona and a glamorous fake internet persona, it’s complete bollocks to me.

There’s definite benefits to the internet as a learning and research tool, online gaming etc. but social media is just killing human interaction.

I’m really lucky I’ve got half a dozen really close mates who we’d all do anything for and catch up regularly and in between call & text quite a bit but nothing beats a day at the pub with each other and talking face to face.

I'm on Facebook and view it from time to time, but the last time I posted something was over a year ago, discounting posts in Manchester history posts which is one of the main reasons for still being on it. I have people in my feed who can't put a drink or food in their mouths without taking a photograph and sharing it first. It's ridiculous and fake. People who never go out post pictures of every pub and drink when they do. Someone posted a picture of their breakfast last week. She's on a final warning.

I've recently cleansed my "friends" list by about twenty people, including family members, and mainly ones who post shit like that and about City. It's a much better place now!

Gave up facebook 6 months ago, but kept account, only gone on maybe 0 times since if someone has told me about an event invite, not missed it.

Do twitter and tbf mainly in a private message group of my city mates, use line to speak to friends andfamily in Thailand because of the free video calls.

Then there is this place, but if it all went yesterday I could get by fine I think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.