"Argentina"

Leekeri said:
squirtyflower said:
Don't worry mate, this was discussed at length during the week, and many on here no the score. The problem will be those that don't.

Apologies I had a search around and thought this was the first time it was covered.
Old age mate (46) it will come to you as well :-)
not a problem at all mate, perhaps needs reiterating

It's a shit chant with no relevance to City.

However, I can't say I buy all the 'disrespectful to the soldiers' shit though. I am proud that City embraced Bert Trautmann in the way we did. We showed an acceptance and willingness to move on after a war. I'm sure there would have been people at the time who weren't happy about signing him but he won people over with his skill as a footballer. Of course nobody would have been chanting 'Germany' but the point still stands.

Football and politics should not be mixed, certainly not in a context of hatred over a war that happened decades ago.

masterwig said:
It's a shit chant with no relevance to City.

However, I can't say I buy all the 'disrespectful to the soldiers' shit though. I am proud that City embraced Bert Trautmann in the way we did. We showed an acceptance and willingness to move on after a war. I'm sure there would have been people at the time who weren't happy about signing him but he won people over with his skill as a footballer. Of course nobody would have been chanting 'Germany' but the point still stands.

Football and politics should not be mixed, certainly not in a context of hatred over a war that happened decades ago.

Excellent point, well made and like you say, the two should never be mixed

It was Welsh Wrexham fans who first did this as far as I know.

Nothing to do with any war though, it is just for football reasons.

Definetly can't have that Argentina chant, out of respect for our soldiers and our boys from Brazil.

I would guess that there are many ppl in Argintina who were as much opposed to that conflict too, and lost sons, husbands, uncles as well. what i remember most about it was the way Thacther the milk snatcher sent you over there to a freezing cold, desolate place with little protection.
I recall two brothers at school who were Argintinan and had to leave school and study at home because of the stick they got. its not right to say ppl shouldnt say what they want to say if your going to draw those kind of lines then you should be opposed to Zabba and Tevez, who knows , they may of had relations in that conflict too. as well as Rossler who grandad bombed our chipy..imo
Oh, and before any of you start .. i know it may not be much but how many of you donate a £5 to buy a Poppy..?
Peace :)

I think the biggest reason, more than any other, is that it is a RAG song. If anyone in my section starts singing a RAG song, I'll shout them down, and I don't care if they are twice my size. I'm not being embarrassed with that song. I have always ripped the RAG's for it, and I am not about to become a hypocrite just because we signed one of their heroes.

I am concerned, however, that some of the young retards who follow us away from home will sing the song just because it is provocative. I hope some of the older blues will school them if they do.

Don't care about the politics, just don't want RAG songs in our stadium.

bluezi said:
I would guess that there are many ppl in Argintina who were as much opposed to that conflict too, and lost sons, husbands, uncles as well. what i remember most about it was the way Thacther the milk snatcher sent you over there to a freezing cold, desolate place with little protection.
I recall two brothers at school who were Argintinan and had to leave school and study at home because of the stick they got. its not right to say ppl shouldnt say what they want to say if your going to draw those kind of lines then you should be opposed to Zabba and Tevez, who knows , they may of had relations in that conflict too. as well as Rossler who grandad bombed our chipy..imo
Oh, and before any of you start .. i know it may not be much but how many of you donate a £5 to buy a Poppy..?
Peace :)

I donate every month to help for heroes you fkn halfwit, We went over there and fought and died cos were British, prepared to fight and die for our country not sit at home gobbing off about Maggie we got on with the job!!!! You might want to bend over for the taliban but thank god there are boys and girls out there,who have more bottle than you will ever have protecting us!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.