Arijanet Muric

Discussion in 'EDS and Academy Forum' started by cadds92, 9 Apr 2017.

1. Sensanetional

Sensanetional

Yep, if Gunn doesn't get the 2nd spot next season he has to go out on loan, Bournemouth are stuck with shit keepers so I'll hope for that one to happen(unlikely a Prem club will take on an inexperienced keeper though).

You're making it sound like no club wants Gunn on loan, you couldn't be more wrong. Pep wanted him to stay this season. There is a reason why he is regularly called up for England's U21's despite never played senior football, because he is highly rated by everyone.

2. Xhavenjoe

Xhavenjoe

You're making it sound like no club wants Gunn on loan, you couldn't be more wrong. Pep wanted him to stay this season. There is a reason why he is regularly called up for England's U21's despite never played senior football, because he is highly rated by everyone.[/QUOTE] If Gunn was highly rated by Pep he would surely have got a few minutes game time this season based on Bravos and Caballeros displays.

3. Sensanetional

Sensanetional

No, that's not a given. It raises question marks possibly but I wouldn't draw any conclusions from it.

4. Nelly's Left Foot

Nelly's Left Foot

If Gunn had been at Sunderland or someother lower club he would have been playing first team football as well.

5. cadds92

cadds92

Why hasn't a lower league club taken him on though?

Pickford has only really broke through this season, prior to that he was at the likes of Darlington, Alfreton, Burton, Carlisle, Bradford and Preston.

I could be completely wrong on Gunn mate I know, but I just think it's quite telling from my point of view that he hasn't been on loan anywhere yet.

I just think if he was future City quality he would have had 80-100 league caps in the lower leagues behind him at the end of this season.

6. twosips

twosips

Do you honestly believe that we've struggled to find a loan club for an England u21 keeper? Course we haven't. He's not been on loan cos the club have wanted him to stay around. Whether that's right or not, I don't know...but it's true.

7. domalino

domalino

Have you seen any of our Youth keepers play? Billy o'Brien, Lawlor?

It's immediately obvious that Gunn is a better keeper and yet those 2 got plenty of loans, very easily.

So I really struggle to understand how anyone ends up thinking he's somehow not good enough to get any loan deals at all.

Last edited: 10 Apr 2017
  8. CityStu

CityStu

Presumably because Pep, rightly or wrongly, looks for very different qualities in a goalkeeper than nigh on every other manager. He's made it very clear that he prioritizes ability with the ball over traditional goalkeeping ability and he won't find a loan club with the same priorities.

9. pee dubya

pee dubya

________
    Not in England, but in Spain or Holland he'd be encouraged to pass it about at least. Maybe not to the same extent.

I guess the problem with loaning a goalkeeper out is there isn't much rotation or sub appearances, if he doesn't get in the team or makes a couple of mistakes might be stuck on the bench for the season.

10. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

Recently became a man of leisure.
    I'd be more than happy to bring in a proper number 1, have Gunn as number 2, Muric 3 (out on loan) and Willy on a 12 month contract to cover emergencies.