ARMY jobs

j jay said:
Jnr Kisby said:
Matty said:
Cannon Fodder.

bit harsh. Should be proud of people that put their lives on the line for us.

In what way are they doing that??
What threat are they protecting us from.....and PLEASE dont say terrorism FFS
They are doing what they have been ordered to do, and get paid fuck all for the privilege. They also have twats giving them shit and they are given little support when they are injured or get old. If you compare that to say a fireman, there respect, adoration by the public for what is a well paid, job that as far as modern day solgering is compared has limited dangers, a job that is part time at the most and one that most firefighters can balance with another job. I for one would be prepaired to cut the squaddies some slack, it wasnt there fucking idea to get involved in stupid, pointless and illegal wars. I dont agree with our government ordering them around the world getting them into fights nobody wanted but the forces have indirectly protected us for over 50 years by making any hostile advance to our nations sovereignty worth a second thought.

Having just done 27 years in the Army, I think I am fairly well qualified to have an opinion on this subject. Your mate is best advised to visit his local Army Careers office, where he will be informed, based on his school grades, whether or not he can get job that does have a trade.

If he does not then he will end up in an Infantry Battalion, and he will more than likely deploy to Afghan, no dramas really, getting shot at is not as bad as you think, good buzz, you never here the one that kills you.

Me personally, I worked on Tele-Communications Systems and am now working out in the Middle East earning shit loads of Tax Free cash.

Regards

DH

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.