Army recruitment adverts

guv

Very annoying.

I have absolutely no intention of seeing the rest of their "films" at armyjobs.mod.uk - and nor should you!

You get paid a lot of money and can learn a trade. Should you die in battle for the actual job you applied for then your loved ones can appear on the front of a red top blaming which ever government is in power for your death.

My three brothers were in the Forces. Made them grow up....fast.

One was in a coma because of an accident whilst on a reccie in Bosnia.

Did he sell his story to the papers or blame the Government? No.

Would the family have done if he had been killed and brought back in a coffin? Absolutely not.

That is what he signed up for and what he understood, as did the two before him.

and the red tops will endearingly refer to you as 'our boys' when in fact any remains of childhood naivity are drilled out of you as you are trained to become an unthinking, unquestioning automaton killer.

Great this isn't it?

Everyone sits behind a keyboard here. Truth is if the shit ever hit the fan BIG time you will be cheering the lads (our boys and girls) on.

The fickle nature of the Great British public never ceases to amaze me on issues like this.

mackenzie said:
Great this isn't it?

Everyone sits behind a keyboard here. Truth is if the shit ever hit the fan BIG time you will be cheering the lads (our boys and girls) on.

The fickle nature of the Great British public never ceases to amaze me on issues like this.

The simple fact is that today most people would be too scared to go and fight for their country and the way they make themselves feel better is to insult those that are braver!

I know guys in the forces who are my age and they have my utmost respect. People feel too safe these days, they don't realise that people are still dying for our country.

mackenzie said:
Great this isn't it?

I think the issue is not that we don't want these people to be willing to fight, and die, for our country (because who knows one day we might actually need them to do so) but that if they do happen to die there shouldn't be the shock and uproar there seems to be with every single death at the moment.

I'm sure it's horrible for the loved ones of those soldiers killed in Iraq and Afghanistan, and I won't pretend to be able to grasp how they feel but what exactly did they think were the potential down sides to their relatives joining the armed forces? If you join the army, RAF or Navy then there is an undeniable risk to your life so if the worst should happen and you are killed it seems a little rich to have your relatives in every tabloid newspaper across the country talking about the tragedy and taking pot shots at the government. It's not as if you were dupped into joining up and then told "oh, by the way, there's a chance you might die here, sorry we didn't mention it earlier".

This could be a good type of punishment for certain crimes. Ensure they learn some discipline and be made to earn some respect. A bit of hard work never hurt anyone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.