Arni Arason

graham baker said:
still one of the best goalkeepers in the norwegian league, but never seems to make the headlines in norway.
a regular for the national side of iceland.

Well there's a funny thing, I remember seeing Graham Baker score two goals at WHL in the early 80's (2-1 win?). I think it was the same day Spurs officially opened their new stand (to the left of where the away fans used to stand?), the P.A man for the day was Andy Peebles, a bit of an odd choice seeing as how he was/is City daft.

This story is brought to you courtesy of early onset dementia so certain 'facts' may be subject to alteration (it might be complete bvollocks in fact).

happy said:
graham baker said:
still one of the best goalkeepers in the norwegian league, but never seems to make the headlines in norway.
a regular for the national side of iceland.

Well there's a funny thing, I remember seeing Graham Baker score two goals at WHL in the early 80's (2-1 win?). I think it was the same day Spurs officially opened their new stand (to the left of where the away fans used to stand?), the P.A man for the day was Andy Peebles, a bit of an odd choice seeing as how he was/is City daft.

This story is brought to you courtesy of early onset dementia so certain 'facts' may be subject to alteration (it might be complete bvollocks in fact).

Yes it was 2-1 and one of his goals was an amazing chip over the keeper from about 35 yards. That was the season we went down vs Luton on the final day after being top early on, think we won 4 of our first 5 matches.

Ricster said:
Watched the Spurs 4th round game last night. The 4-3 game, and didn't realise just how good he was as a keeper. The double save where he pushes the ball onto the bar and then has to cover about 8 yards to stop the ball going in which looked a certainty.

Arni kept us in it that night, and if memory serves me correctly he made a couple of good saves at the swamp too.

Shame those were his only 2 games for the club.

But, cos of those 2 performances, Arni i salute you.

a great shout, that lad was quality.

From what i saw he was a great keeper

-- Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:21 pm --

The good and the bad
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ50wPBlqEU/[youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42K-6LPHrPc/[youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.