'arry admits it

I would be more impressed with Spurs supposed frugality if they didn't rely on a few big sales to cover them. You have one piece left you can sell for any great amount of money. Sorry, bud, everyone's on to your con artist manager now. Why do you think he looked like a flailing ninny this past January? Everyone knows. He wants to rip you off and he wants to give a wink-and-nod tap-up in the press to unsettle players.

Want to know how much I hate your manager and your little team? I felt as gleeful when Blackpool screwed you over on Charlie Adam as I would have us beating the rags.

So the question becomes since now you have only one player you can sell for a lot of money (Bale) will you sell him to finance all of 'Arry's wheeling and dealing? Or are you going to spend like a proper club and live with it? Or is your owner going to sit on his pile of cash and refuse?

taconinja said:
I would be more impressed with Spurs supposed frugality if they didn't rely on a few big sales to cover them. You have one piece left you can sell for any great amount of money. Sorry, bud, everyone's on to your con artist manager now. Why do you think he looked like a flailing ninny this past January? Everyone knows. He wants to rip you off and he wants to give a wink-and-nod tap-up in the press to unsettle players.

Want to know how much I hate your manager and your little team? I felt as gleeful when Blackpool screwed you over on Charlie Adam as I would have us beating the rags.

So the question becomes since now you have only one player you can sell for a lot of money (Bale) will you sell him to finance all of 'Arry's wheeling and dealing? Or are you going to spend like a proper club and live with it? Or is your owner going to sit on his pile of cash and refuse?

Firstly, Gareth Bale is going nowhere.

Well let's have a little look at Harry's "wheeling and dealing" since he joined Spurs.

INCOMING TRANSFERS
Bongani Khumalo SuperSport United Jan-11 £1,500,000
Rafael Van der Vaart Real Madrid Aug-10 £8,000,000
Stipe Pletikosa Spartak Moscow Aug-10 Season loan
William Gallas Arsenal Aug-10 £0
Sandro Internacional (Brazil) Mar-10 £6,000,000
Eidur Gudjohnsen AS Monaco Jan-10 Loan
Younes Kaboul Portsmouth Jan-10 £4,000,000
Jimmy Walker West Ham United Sep-09 £0
Niko Kranjcar Portsmouth Sep-09 £2,000,000
Sebastien Bassong Newcastle United Aug-09 £8,000,000
Peter Crouch Portsmouth Jly-09 £9,000,000
Kyle Naughton Sheffield United Jly-09 £5,000,000
Kyle Walker Sheffield United Jly-09 £5,000,000
Anton Blackwood Arsenal Jly-09 Free
Robbie Keane Liverpool Jan-09 £12,000,000
Pascal Chimbonda Sunderland Jan-09 £3,000,000
Carlo Cudicini Chelsea Jan-09 £0
Wilson Palacios Wigan Athletic Jan-09 £12,000,000
Jermain Defoe Portsmouth Jan-09 £15,000,000
TOTAL INCOMING £90,500,000

OUTGOING TRANSFERS
Jimmy Walker Released Aug-10 £0
Adel Taarabt Queens Park Rangers Aug-10 £1,000,000
Leigh Mills Winchester City Aug-10 Free
Dorian Dervite Villarreal Jly-10 £0
Eidur Gudjohnsen AS Monaco May-10 Loan Expired
Troy Archibald-Henville Exeter City Jan-10 £?
Pascal Chimbonda Blackburn Rovers Aug-09 £2,000,000
Kevin-Prince Boateng Portsmouth Aug-09 £4,000,000
Darren Bent Sunderland Aug-09 £16,500,000
Yuri Berchiche Valladolid Aug-09 £0?
Gilberto de Silva Melo Released Jly-09 £0
Chris Gunter Nottingham Forest Jly-09 £1,750,000
Simon Dawkins Released Jly-09 £0
Ricardo Rocha Released Jly-09 £0
Didier Zokora Sevilla Jly-09 £8,620,000
Charlie Daniels Leyton Orient Jan-09 £?
Cesar Sanchez Valencia Jan-09 £?
Andy Barcham Gillingham Jan-09 £0?
Hossam Ghaly Al Nasr Jan-09 £1,400,000
TOTAL OUTGOING £35,270,000

NET SPEND UNDER HARRY: £55,230,000

A little over £55 million spent (a tad more than a Cristiano Ronaldo) has transformed Spurs from a club struggling at the bottom of the Premier League to one which is taking Europe by storm in the Champions League.

THFC6061 said:
A little over £55 million spent (a tad more than a Cristiano Ronaldo) has transformed Spurs from a club struggling at the bottom of the Premier League to one which is taking Europe by storm in the Champions League.

So the evidence suggests he inherited someone else's squad and is now reaping the benefits of their premature dismissal.

You've played two subpar teams from a league in a down period. In fact, one of those teams you faced was in quiet rebellion to get their manager sacked. And the second one was missing its two best midfielders. Big whoop.

If Bale goes nowhere, you'll be spinning your wheels in the transfer market. Good luck attracting the top talent of Europe when your team refuses to pay their wage demands. Good luck flailing about trying to scam top teams for top talent. Won't work like it did when 'Arry was poaching mid-level talent from teams he had already bankrupted. I won't wish your team well. I've listened to enough self-righteous lies about how your team is virtuous and we're evil. Too bad the referee screwed up so badly, or you would have had your second well-deserved loss in a row.

THFC6061 said:
This season's UEFA Champions League participation is estimated to bring-in an extra £40 million in revenues for Spurs.

The lion's share of our income these days comes from TV and broadcasting rights with actual ticket revenues only accounting for around 25% of our gross income.

An increase in our seating capacity from 36,000 to 60,000 would obviously make a big difference to our revenues, as it also affect other income sources such as merchandising (most sales are made on a matchday).

Tottenham's business plan has proved to be very successful, as we are one of the very few top European clubs who regularly post a profit from our football operations.

The key to this is keeping our player's wages in check - Spurs currently pay around the Premier League average.

In fact, the last available figures show Spurs' wages at 52.3% of our turnover.

By contrast, Manchester City pay 94.4% of their turnover on their player's wages...

Who the hell cares?

With your wage structure....you can't really sign very big players. And if Bale keeps improving..he wants a bigger paycheck and you can't offer it to him.

So he will leave, along with your upcoming "stars". And just wait when your manager either retires or destroy your club :D

Why are so many Spuds fans intrested in our forums? Dont you have own forums?

Edit: So you say we dont have a business plan? Man...they are working on it all the time. Our income was last season bigger than yours and it will only grow.

We have much bigger plans than you for the future.

THFC6061 said:
Well it's simply a case of supply and demand.

There are far more people who want to see Spurs play than there are seats available - hence the relatively high prices charged.

If we were able to have a stadium with the extra 15,000 to 20,000 seats we desperately need, I think the prices would come down a little or at least remain stable.

In the absence of a rich Arab Sugar-Daddy who is willing to pump hundreds of millions of pounds into the club, without any regard for the financial viability of the business, I can't see that there's a lot more Spurs can do.

It's crap like this that pisses me off. Everyone seems to think Mansour is in this for shits and giggles. Well you and every other jealous, bitter fan is in for a surprise.
Mansour is here long term and he's building something which could become the blueprint for clubs who want to survive and be able to compete at the highest level in the future.
In 10 or 15 years time I'd bet that City's income and finances will be in a healthier position than most. In fact when he's finished developing the area in and around Eastlands, there won't be many who will be able to compete.
The FFPR have slammed the door shut just after we nipped in. It's clubs like Everton and Villa and if you don't get your new stadium, Spurs, who will feel the force of them.

As for the profit you've made on transfers. That just shows you that you are a selling club. In fact when the rags come in for Bale you will sell him to them.
How does it feel to be a feeder club to a club without a pot to piss in ?

You and other Spurs fans need to start praying. Unless a "sugar daddy" comes along and builds you a shiny new stadium you'll be scrapping for Europa league every year at best. You may have some billionaires on the board but they are more 'sour uncles' than "sugar daddies"
I wouldn't bank on any handouts from the lotto, Haringey or the Govt either. Everyone is cutting back so it's pay it yourself or get a crook in your neck from looking up at us.
I suppose a crook in your neck is better than one managing you. You're lucky, if 'Arry is still around you'll have both.

Our income was last season bigger than yours and it will only grow.

The Deloitte List 2011 Top 20 Earning Clubs

11. Manchester City €152.8 million

12. Tottenham Hotspur €146.3 million

Spurs have an estimated £40 million (€46.3 million) extra income from the UEFA Champions League this season.

How do you think Manchester City will have a larger gross income than Spurs?

THFC6061 said:

Spurs have an estimated £40 million (€46.3 million) extra income from the UEFA Champions League this season.

Because of the Cl football you will have this season larger income. But it's just 1 year man. We dont even need the revenue.

Your owner bought Spurs to get more money. Our owner have much bigger plans for the future. You can read the 500+ paged "las vegas" thread to see.

So who cares if you get 1 year bigger income? it's the long run that matters.

If you fail to get to CL this season. Your income will be much less again.

Your owner will be pleased to get a couple of millions more to his pocket every year when you are playing in the europa league.

We have much brighter future so stfu man. Go to your own forum.

And as 'arry admitted...why would someone like Bale be at Tottenham earning 60k week, when he can get 150k a week here or with ManU?

Even your wheeler dealer admitted it!!!! You are a selling club because you can't afford to have world class stars in your squad unless they want to earn twice less.

THFC6061 said:

In 2010 our income was €101.2m. In a year we've had a €50M+ increase without Champs league. I think it's a safe bet we will still be ahead of you despite your extra £40M estimated extra income.

BlueCityfan said:
THFC6061 said:

Because of the Cl football you will have this season larger income. But it's just 1 year man. We dont even need the revenue.

Your owner bought Spurs to get more money. Our owner have much bigger plans for the future. You can read the 500+ paged "las vegas" thread to see.

So who cares if you get 1 year bigger income? it's the long run that matters.

If you fail to get to Cl this season. Your income will be much less again.

I think you will find that upon announcing the financial results for that period that City will have added well over £40m in revenue via prize/tv/place monies as well as more commercial revenue.

The fact that Spurs fans (and fans of every other club) dont see it is a fault of the media who never talk about the real MCFC.

They will however learn very quickly what the real situation is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.