Arsenal 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are certainly some valid criticisms of Wenger that you can make but their situation is somewhat similar to the rags in many ways. Iconic manager starved of funds by an American owner who has been complacent and satisfied with 4th place while it brings in CL money.

Well they've now got a decision to make as it seems unlikely they'll finish in the top four.

He's been complicit in it though, and I actually think he's the main culprit anyway.

He's spent more than Chelsea in the last 3 years, he's spent ridiculous amounts more than Spurs, so lack of investment isn't the reason he has a shite squad.

It's also not the reason why he's had no new managerial ideas in 10 years, nor brought any new faces into his backroom staff.

Going by the timing I think it's safe to say that wasn't an offer from Chelsea or PSG. Emery was confirmed as PSG coach ahead of the Europa League final and I'm pretty sure Conte had been confirmed as Chelsea coach before that.

It will be Inter's new owners. Diego Simeone is the last person anyone at Arsenal wants to succeed Wenger.

It will be Inter's new owners.
That rumours been going around for a while alright. Suppose he has a connection there from his playing career but it would be a step down from Atleti or Arsenal. Would be good for his CV if he broke the Juve monopoly, especially after the Atleti title win.

That rumours been going around for a while alright. Suppose he has a connection there from his playing career but it would be a step down from Atleti or Arsenal. Would be good for his CV if he broke the Juve monopoly, especially after the Atleti title win.

IMO He doesn't care about stepping down, he's the kind of guy who'll prefer to go there to build them back up, get the siege mentality and aggression going throughout the whole club. I think he's said before he needs the connection to the club and their fans in order to be successful as well, so everywhere he goes will be a step down from the Atletico he's created.

He definitely won't go this year anyway, he will stay for the new stadium.

He doesn't care about stepping down, he's the kind of guy who'll go there to build them back up. I think he's said before he needs the connection to the club and their fans in order to be successful as well, so everywhere he goes will be a step down from the Atletico he's created.

He definitely won't go this year anyway, he will stay for the new stadium.
He'd have to have some balls to take over at inter, fair dues to him if he does, bit of a manager's graveyard since they won the treble, both Roman clubs, Napoli, arguably Milan and especially Juve all well ahead both on and off the pitch.

He's been complicit in it though, and I actually think he's the main culprit anyway.

He's spent more than Chelsea in the last 3 years, he's spent ridiculous amounts more than Spurs, so lack of investment isn't the reason he has a shite squad.

It's also not the reason why he's had no new managerial ideas in 10 years, nor brought any new faces into his backroom staff.
And those are the criticisms, plus he's never really built a strong spine in his team in the last 10+ years.

Tough situation for them. Devil you know, or off into the unkown? Wenger for them is an institution, they have to get the replacement right, or they'll be a noticeable drop off from their usual standards like for us in the 90s and like hopefully the rags. Difference is that in both our situations, we were winning titles. Arsenal are happy with 4th, and being "London's club" and being bigger than Spurs. Like last season many of them were delighted to finish 10 points behind Leicester City because they pipped a demoralized Spurs to 2nd.

They can easily become Europa regulars if they don't watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.