Arsenal 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wenger's had to compete recently the last few years with other clubs with a lorry load of cash to spend on players and been found wanting. The "professor" has discovered other manager's with chalk to write on the board write equations that add up better than his do. Chelsea do them over in next week's cup final and he may find his infernal protestations for the media run dry in the Arsenal boardroom.
Wenger is staying
There aren't any rumors at all about any other coach taking on the Arsenal job

This seems rather harsh but gets exactly to the heart of the Arsenall problem. English fans of other clubs saw years ago that Arsenal were happy with the fourth place trophy and this season shows that if you're happy to gear your club simply to qualifying for the CL you will come unstuck. Wenger has actually done quite well to survive so many tight squeezes in recent years but eventually things won' fall your way.

We now have to see if finishing fifth has major implications on the retention of players, notably Sanchez but potentially other first teasers. I think the likelihood of Silent Sam spending big this summer are low. He's American and American owners tend to be in sport to make money, not spend it. Like a certain family with interests in our area Stan has enjoyed getting his annual dividend and he's on record as saying that he expects Arsenal to make a profit and pay a dividend every year. His other sports teams are performing far worse than Arsenal. He's now barricaded securely behind the FFP rules which he and Wenger supported so strongly, so, at most, I see Arsenal getting a replacement for Sanchez - if one will sign - but no more. As an aside, It will be interesting what investment goes into Liverpool this summer.

So, Wenger's assertion that Arsenal will win the title next season if the team remains together may be an excuse for coming nowhere near winning it (again!) rather than his belief. Getting back in the top four is not easy, especially if your squad breaks up, as Liverpool and the rags know only too well. Perhaps Wenger will surprise us, but I doubt it.

Wenger signs extension. Probably 2 year, hopefully 5.

Sanchez leaves. They fail to sign an adequate replacement. Ozil probably stays on a bumper deal.

Arsenal spend again and buy various unknown players thinking they will be "value" signings instead of spending more on a World Class striker lets say.

They are preparing to challenge for one or two trophies next season, maybe even both.
1st priority Top 4 Trophy
2nd priority Europa League

As long as Wenger is there, we have one less threat to our title challenge, can't wait until he announces the new deal.

Wenger's been perfect for them, because his conservatism/cautiousness borders on the fanatic. He doesn't take risks on players, and when things don't work out he offers plenty of blame -- on his lack of funds, on everyone else's surplus of funds, on the unfairness of the "system", on referees, on how so-and-so wanted to come to Arsenal but couldn't afford London, probably on the fucking Robert Mugabe regime or global warming had he run out of other excuses. He's been afraid of bad buys, eager to reap a windfall on his own players, and won fuck all for over a decade as a result. I'd be perfectly fine with that -- and his consistency was extraordinary -- were he to accept responsibility but he finger-points and undermines and bemoans the state of the world. He's just as much the problem as Kronke.

Didn't see him coming out and condemning Koscielny and saying he shouldn't play ever again, with tackles like that.
Hypocrite of the highest order, is our Arsene.

This seems rather harsh but gets exactly to the heart of the Arsenall problem. English fans of other clubs saw years ago that Arsenal were happy with the fourth place trophy and this season shows that if you're happy to gear your club simply to qualifying for the CL you will come unstuck. Wenger has actually done quite well to survive so many tight squeezes in recent years but eventually things won' fall your way.

We now have to see if finishing fifth has major implications on the retention of players, notably Sanchez but potentially other first teasers. I think the likelihood of Silent Sam spending big this summer are low. He's American and American owners tend to be in sport to make money, not spend it. Like a certain family with interests in our area Stan has enjoyed getting his annual dividend and he's on record as saying that he expects Arsenal to make a profit and pay a dividend every year. His other sports teams are performing far worse than Arsenal. He's now barricaded securely behind the FFP rules which he and Wenger supported so strongly, so, at most, I see Arsenal getting a replacement for Sanchez - if one will sign - but no more. As an aside, It will be interesting what investment goes into Liverpool this summer.

So, Wenger's assertion that Arsenal will win the title next season if the team remains together may be an excuse for coming nowhere near winning it (again!) rather than his belief. Getting back in the top four is not easy, especially if your squad breaks up, as Liverpool and the rags know only too well. Perhaps Wenger will surprise us, but I doubt it.

Do you think Liverpool would buy Clichy and play him centre midfield ;-)

Untold Arsenal are up to their usual tricks.

They've got an article up http://untold-arsenal.com/archives/61869 where they reckon they should have had 17 more points (including all 6 points against us) if the officials had got all the decisions correct.

I expected a load of decisions posted similiar to Milner/Walker on Sterling or goals given that are at least 3 yards offside, but i've been lmao at some of the decisions they are whinging about. They're a special bunch that lot and take after their manager. :)

Untold Arsenal are up to their usual tricks.

They've got an article up http://untold-arsenal.com/archives/61869 where they reckon they should have had 17 more points (including all 6 points against us) if the officials had got all the decisions correct.

I expected a load of decisions posted similiar to Milner/Walker on Sterling or goals given that are at least 3 yards offside, but i've been lmao at some of the decisions they are whinging about. They're a special bunch that lot and take after their manager. :)
Sounds like this forum mate but this fella has taken agenda to the extreme!

arsenal-fan-liverpool-wenger-out-video-593712.jpg
DA2mHGcWAAA_F_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.