Arsenal 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure but if their reasoning for keeping Ozil & Sanchez is that it's worth it to lose them on a free and gain CL for next season then they are incredibly dumb. Losing both of them on frees in comparison to gaining 100m+ and then having to buy replacements of their quality that will probably cost even more than that due to the market is just horrendous business.
There's no guarantee they'll get CL football, even with Sanchez and Ozil in the team.

There's no guarantee they'll get CL football, even with Sanchez and Ozil in the team.

I agree Jim, just saying from their point of view.

FWIW if they sell Sanchez there's zero chance of top four for them. Would have to bank it all on Europa like the rags did.

Not sure but if their reasoning for keeping Ozil & Sanchez is that it's worth it to lose them on a free and gain CL for next season then they are incredibly dumb. Losing both of them on frees in comparison to gaining 100m+ and then having to buy replacements of their quality that will probably cost even more than that due to the market is just horrendous business.

I just can't see it happening tbh. For me its either the players sign a new contract or get sold. Like you said its throwing money away. I like how one poster phrased it, can't remember who, they would be paying a 50m loan fee for Sanchez.

I agree Jim, just saying from their point of view.

FWIW if they sell Sanchez there's zero chance of top four for them. Would have to bank it all on Europa like the rags did.

Think they still have a chance for top 4 IF they buy a quality replacement. A lot still depends on how the other clubs do business, right now Chelsea and Liverpool are having average windows and Spurs are having none at all.

I just can't see it happening tbh. For me its either the players sign a new contract or get sold. Like you said its throwing money away. I like how one poster phrased it, can't remember who, they would be paying a 50m loan fee for Sanchez.

Think they still have a chance for top 4 IF they buy a quality replacement. A lot still depends on how the other clubs do business, right now Chelsea and Liverpool are having average windows and Spurs are having none at all.

Yeah, but the time left in the window and their reluctance to spend big could bite them in the ass. I do think; however, that if they sell Sanchez to us they'll cough up the money to meet Monaco's asking price for Lemar.

It's only preseason but a Sanchez-less Arsenal, along with what Spurs look like with no full-backs, Chelsea with no depth, the rags with hoof-ball, and Liverpool potentially losing Coutinho along with not getting Keita or VVD (yet) have me thinking we better win the fucking title this season.

Yeah, but the time left in the window and their reluctance to spend big could bite them in the ass. I do think; however, that if they sell Sanchez to us they'll cough up the money to meet Monaco's asking price for Lemar.

It's only preseason but a Sanchez-less Arsenal, along with what Spurs look like with no full-backs, Chelsea with no depth, the rags with hoof-ball, and Liverpool potentially losing Coutinho along with not getting Keita or VVD (yet) have me thinking we better win the fucking title this season.

They should definitely get Lemar and pay the fee.

We better win the title, and I think Pep will deliver either way, he has to!!!!

They should definitely get Lemar and pay the fee.

We better win the title, and I think Pep will deliver either way, he has to!!!!
If he don't win it this year then he's gone imo as it would prove the notion that some have that he can only win titles with super teams in non competitive leagues.

Lol,we will never sack pep, not after he is just rebuilding the team into a younger faster team
Of course he will be sacked if he doesn't win things. All managers are, except Wenger bizarrely. No good having an amazing team if it doesn't win titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.