Arsenal 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it's hard to look good in defence when you have 4 centre backs injured / suspended. Had two left backs in the back 3, and a right sided player playing left wing back.

It reminded me of the opening game last season vs Liverpool when we had a makeshift defence that day and Liverpool took full advantage. So to say I'm happy to escape that game with a win is an understatement.

Im more concerned with the fact that we seem underprepared every opening game. That defence has played about 45mins together. I think knowing we would be without Koscielny, Mustafi and Gabriel (we couldn't predict the Mertesacker knock) it's something we should have been working on pre season, especially given our opening day records.

To have any chance of success, we need to have a settled defence. Look at Chelsea last season, you can name their defence just rolled from the tongue. Spurs likewise.

I agree on El Neny. He's a basically a 6th choice midfielder. Problem is 2 of the guys in front of him are perma crocks (Cazorla, Wiltshire), 1 is a semi crock (Ramsey) and 1 likely face some sort of suspension this season (Xhaka). I'm hoping he goes in for someone like Serri if Nice get knocked out of CL qualifiers.

Anyway, good luck for today and for the rest of the season (as much luck as you can wish on a rival team anyway). ;-) Having not seen you guys play pre season, I'm looking forward to watching you play.

Was never good enough and an out and out liability at times. Kos, Monreal, Holding, Per, Kolasinac and Mustafi are all better CB's than him.

Arsenal have no balance, they have nobody who is going to get stuck in. Everyone seems to like passing it around but not much urgency getting it back, the midfield is not up to much either, pretty sure i saw a 'Gone to lunch' sign on a few of em. They do have a bit of a midfield but not once did they look like imposing on that area with the players on display.

So they had Bellerin at left back, 2 left backs at centre back with Mertesacker on the bench and Holding completely left out and then when chasing a goal he takes off Lacazette and leaves Welbeck on.

Wenger bantering those that hate him early this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.