Arsenal 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
The players mentioned were often criticised last season. Not just by other fans / pundits but plenty of times on here as well. It was thought that Otamandi & Stones struggle without Kompany beside them for instance. None of them (apart from Walker when at Spurs), were even getting spoken about for team of the year etc.
Sure, he's added some good quality in the summer, but only really Ederson & Walker have made a big contribution this season so far.
It's not a crticism, it's the a massive compliment. Pep has went up in a lot of rival fans estimations this season. If you look through all the jealousy, then many are seeing it as a great achievement that the defending side of things has been so good with the players mentioned. Me personally, i like the way that he's made a bit of a mockery of the fact we keep getting told you need tall, athletic players & some hammer throwers to succeed in England. He has a midfield of Fernandinho, Silva & De Bruyne with the likes of Sterling, Aguero & Jesus up front, & he's playing the best football in Europe & sweeping all before him. Give me Pep over Mourinho every day of the week, & twice on a Sunday! Even hot air guys like DT are giving respect.

As for Wenger, yep his comments were a disgrace. He does himself no favours sometimes, difference now being most Arsenal fans are a bit sick of the excuses & would rather he spent his energy working on the teams deficiencies (although most also acknowledge he's not the man to do so either).
Ok mate, we are not far off agreeing and thanks for your comments. A great deal of the perception of the club last season was generated by media hostility towards Pep with every problem highlighted ad nauseum. Players like Stones were adjusting to the way Pep wants us to play which is exceedingly demanding. You are seeing the benefits of that this season as we have full backs and a team that is much more experienced in playing through the lines with the positional discipline that he demands. He has also helped build a fantastic team spirit that has not always been present. He is brilliant and I hope he extends his contract and stays with us for many years. My point though was whilst he may well be the best coach in the world bar none, he can’t do what he does without technically excellent, intelligent footballers like the squad is increasingly made up of. He will continue to build the squad and improve it over the next few windows so I believe we are going to improve further.

I expect that Wenger will go in the next season or so. I do believe that you, as well as our near neighbours will need to do a lot more than just change your manager. The takeover enabled us to start from a almost blank sheet of paper and improve every aspect of the club from top to bottom. I think that our owners are pretty unique in having both the vision and financial acumen to have achieved the transformation within the timescales they have. We are now a club that is world class from the coach to the first team squad right through the academy and our women’s football team. The financial transformation has put in place a sustainable model that means we are independent of our owners personal wealth whilst complient with all the financial hurdles FFP tried to trip us with. Great time to be a Blue mate.

The issue with Ramsey is if he is not a run of form which are rare anyway he is close to useless, he has to many quiet games, far far to many. I feel sentiment has got in the way of you getting rid of many players that would have given you a better chance to start fresh. Not just that but they get paid well and by all accounts have a comfortable lifestyle at Arsenal. The idea of getting shunted to Swansea or similar and being expected to be that man or at least do more than you have must not appeal to those not that arsed about the footy.

arsene-wenger.jpg

$_57.JPG

Wenger still going on about the game again today,get over it you prick you was beat by a far better team and were you get that you was equal all over the pitch and was in the game,bollocks..

Looks like Arsenal are still briefing the media they want Sterling as part of any Sanchez deal in January despite having branded him a cheat. FFS what a joke of a club they have become!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.