Arsenal(FA Cup Semi Final) Post Match Thread

Would far rather lose and deserve to lose, than lose because the officials are bent or useless, or maybe both. The feeling of what should have been is much worse when you have been cheated. How that fucker didn't get booked for the gbh on Silva, how a goal can be ruled out when the fucker can't have been sure (benefit the attack my arse), how we didn't get a pen for the foul on Sergio, how it was a free kick for their winning goal, how did we get so many more bookings than a team who set out to foul? Leaves a fucking appalling taste. The reffing was like playing Barcelona
I would also add that he kept pointing to his watch in the second period of added time but obviously never used it, one min got all cechs time wasting and ozils slowest walk since my great grandma last walked to the front door, cheating cutn (the ref, not my great grandma)

Well I think picking a bench which includes Zabaleta, kolarov, Fernando and delph was poor management. Surely Nolito and possibly a youngster would have had least given us a spark or impact from bench? Those subs sent out wrong message, but that's only my view.

I was going to argue about the subs then but you know it's actually irrelevant. If the ref had done his job correctly the subs would have been perfect, close the game out, Delph and Fernando on. But as sterling was on early because of Dave getting kicked to fuck plus the other decisions it looks like it's the wrong subs.

Just as an aside and not really sure if this is the right thread but it is about something I noticed after the game: As the players and our support team went over to applaud our fans behind the goal I noticed that as Brian Kidd was walking back to the tunnel area he turned once more, applauded our fans again and then gave a little wave. I wonder if this means that Kiddo will be retiring at the end of this season? He has been sidelined by Guardiola, relegated to the second row of the dug out and he is 67 years old now. So maybe he is preparing himself and because this is the last time this season we will have a big occasion so to speak he thought he would get some practice in.

Plus whilst I am on about the team going over to the fans behind the goal, I do wish that they would remember that there are fans in other areas of the ground(s) when they applaud!! Just a slight niggle of mine and others I have spoken to. Yesterday we occupied half the ground and at other grounds sometimes we have fans at the side and they don't seem to notice. :-) As I say just a slight niggle. Nothing doing here, move on. :-)

Well I think picking a bench which includes Zabaleta, kolarov, Fernando and delph was poor management. Surely Nolito and possibly a youngster would have had least given us a spark or impact from bench? Those subs sent out wrong message, but that's only my view.

Zabaleta would have been a great substitution because, although some people keep saying his legs are gone, he has a football brain more so than Fernando or Delph. When Delph came on he was like a rabbit in the headlights and the whole shape of our team was gone. Zaba would have provided some much needed stability and calmness. IMHO

Zabaleta would have been a great substitution because, although some people keep saying his legs are gone, he has a football brain more so than Fernando or Delph. When Delph came on he was like a rabbit in the headlights and the whole shape of our team was gone. Zaba would have provided some much needed stability and calmness. IMHO

Agree. Delph is just such an average player. No idea of what is going on around him. Need to get rid

You know in all honesty I think walking off wouldn't be a bad idea, we are all beginning to think what's the fucking point, a few players are obviously thinking it going off Yaya and Sagnas comments. Next time an absolute shocking decision is given I'd back them doing it. Imagine the uproar it would cause especially if the club then pointed out every dubious decision.
Not sure what else can be done.

I'd love that to happen, something needs to happen but as long as we are still playing the only thing we can actively do is everything else in our power to win the game

At the time we scored, we had been on the ropes, couldn't keep the ball and Arsenal were causing problems. Why did Pep not tighten up straight after the goal, it might not have ended any differently, but it would have given us a better chance of holding on to the lead and catching them on the break.

Wouldn't have played Clichy against his old club no chance especially when he knows he's gone end of season culpable for both goals IMO.
Kolarov would have been my choice, can't believe some on here saying he had a good game...

https://u.nya.is/iqxjwt.mp4

Oh and while i'm at it fuck off!! Artita all smiles and practically wanking Arsenal players off after the game who pays this ****s wages?

Came home around 9 and along the way I was not angry at all because it was so laughable.

The state that we are in, playing with flair but strolling when under pressure, it's really more than the ref or luck. We just don't have the desire like we once did when we had Mancini.

Typical City written all over it and we spent a lot to really get back on track.

We should have won it, as with many other matches we had this season. Stop playing by the tactics clipboard and just play.
Since Mario and Dzeko, Sergio has had no proper support acts. Mario and Dzeko did not need too many chances to score.

Yes because Arsenal are the kind of team who force the issue from 2-0 down & would surely be having penalty shouts before half time rather than going 3-0 down.

And the reason their perfectly valid penalty shout wasn't given ? Because Sanchez was the first one to grab hold of Navas, therefore the ref would have to make it even more obvious we were being shit on if he gave the 2nd foul.

I just met a Liverpool fan who said 'you lot were unlucky yesterday' I said 'not as unlucky as you' He then said 'diffenence was you were fucked over by the officials, we were just shit'.

He particularly took offence at Silva being kicked off before half time plus Aguero having two knees to the spine, without sanction.

If you are happy to bend over & have stuff shoved up your arse, fair enough. I'm not.
I'm still fucking furious about it.

Even neutrals can see it.

Whatever our faults, which are many, we should not be playing at least 1 out of 2 games against every top 6 team, with a handicap.

I already said the officials had a shit 45 minutes but from being 1 nil up we blew the lead against a poor Arsenal side. Need to sort our own house out as well as blaming others.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.