Arsenal(FA Cup Semi Final) Post Match Thread

Arsenal tactic - take Silva and Sergio out. Difference with Silva is he makes Sterling and Sane run onto the ball (usually perfectly weighted) - defenders giving chase two yards behind. When Silva doesn't play, we pass the ball straight to Sane and Sterling who are inevitably being closely marked - hence the step-overs and sideways movement.

KDB's strength is the raking longer passes, especially the diagonal. He's not the alternative Silva - his strengths are very different. Personally, I'd like to see some physically imposing pacey players with the technique to adapt to Pep's game next year. He has to muscle in and sign the Madrid, Bayer, Barca level player and sell his vision of our project. That's why Sheikh Mansour brought him to City.

He doesn't need to. The fact that he has proved himself a poor keeper who would not get in any other premier league team is enough. The opposition players are filled with confidence as soon as they see him playing and know any shot on target is likely to beat him.
This is a big part of the problem. A good keeper means opponents are aiming just inside the post knowing if it drifts out a bit it could hit the post or go wide. With a poor keeper the opponents can aim a yard inside the post knowing there's a good chance the keeper won't reach it and it can drift a bit and still go in.
Having said that; I don't blame him for either goal yesterday.

This is a big part of the problem. A good keeper means opponents are aiming just inside the post knowing if it drifts out a bit it could hit the post or go wide. With a poor keeper the opponents can aim a yard inside the post knowing there's a good chance the keeper won't reach it and it can drift a bit and still go in.

His perseverance with Bravo may eventually be successful I suppose it depends on Bravo himself.
The problem at the moment is the confidence he gives to opponents and the uncertainty his fellow defenders feel about his ability to control his area.

However, he would gain much more confidence if the many chances we currently generate are converted into goals. Easier I imagine to defend if a 2 goal margin rather than a 1 or 0 goals for is the norm. Our manager wants our passing game to start with a goalie who lacks confidence, is that wise ?

Tough day yesterday and defeat has also come at an extra cost, Sergio and Ferny both have muscle injuries and Spanish Dave a hammy, can't see any of those playing Thursday. Let's hope Jesus can step up, we need him.

I think Silva got a dead leg from defenders knee on his thigh, so he should be fit to play with modern medicine and recovery. Fernandinho pulled up after the header against the crossbar, but I think it was more cramp than injury, and Sergio wasn't getting any treatment on th bench and was simply sitting on the steps, so I doubt he was injured. Fingers crossed, and all that, but I think all three should be fine by Thursday. Nice massage today and a stretch of the legs, bit of organizational work and a workout on Tuesday, regular training on Weds, Bob's your uncle for Thursday!

I think on TV they said that was the first time all season that Pep has played the same team in consecutive games. If so, with a week off, they should have been raring to go. Clearly, fitness was second best against an Arsenal team that looked fitter, stronger and faster as the game went on. That is a problem!

Wouldn't have played Clichy against his old club no chance especially when he knows he's gone end of season culpable for both goals IMO.
Kolarov would have been my choice, can't believe some on here saying he had a good game...

https://u.nya.is/iqxjwt.mp4

Oh and while i'm at it fuck off!! Artita all smiles and practically wanking Arsenal players off after the game who pays this ****s wages?

Yep, one of the main weak links all season !

No chance with the second I grant you, but I thought a better goalkeeper might have stopped their first.

He saw that cross and could have attempted to cut it out, he didn't so he should have moved closer to his near post and not leave such a gap. He appears to be very slow in sizing up a situation and that reflects itself in his poor reflexes. There is not one game he has won for us since he joined unlike Hart who frequently earner us points with his efforts. To say he is integral in building attacks is complete bollocks as the people he passes to still have to continue the move, and invariable this involves numerous passes.

Worrying that a team as mentally fragile as Arsenal can come from behind and beat us , sadly says a lot about the strength of our present squad

No chance with the second I grant you, but I thought a better goalkeeper might have stopped their first.

He saw that cross and could have attempted to cut it out, he didn't so he should have moved closer to his near post and not leave such a gap. He appears to be very slow in sizing up a situation and that reflects itself in his poor reflexes. There is not one game he has won for us since he joined unlike Hart who frequently earner us points with his efforts. To say he is integral in building attacks is complete bollocks as the people he passes to still have to continue the move, and invariable this involves numerous passes.

Re last sentence I think the point is that punting the ball long is not a pass it is simply clearing the area and often gives taller defenders more chance to regain possession.
Not saying it is always advisable but passing the ball retains possession.

Wouldn't have played Clichy against his old club no chance especially when he knows he's gone end of season culpable for both goals IMO.
Kolarov would have been my choice, can't believe some on here saying he had a good game...

https://u.nya.is/iqxjwt.mp4

Oh and while i'm at it fuck off!! Artita all smiles and practically wanking Arsenal players off after the game who pays this ****s wages?

hmm, watched that back a few times and if Clichy commits to Oxlade, he's fucked on the outside big time. He knows this so he's scared. He needs a shout...

I think, as poor as Clichy has been at times this season, i'll put that down to Ya Ya and Clichy simply not talking. All it took is a few big strides from Ya Ya to get in front of Oxlade and a big gob on him telling Clichy to watch the run outside. I think the ball would have been held up.

Also at fault are the centre halves, again no talking. Look at the freeze frame before pressing play; Giroud HAS to be passed on to a floating Ota.

This goal, in the words of the Beastie Boys, is ill-communication

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.