Arsenal(FA Cup Semi Final) Post Match Thread

I agree that the France v Spain match showed what enormous benefits video refereeing CAN bring to the game. My only reservation is that the video process has to be in the hands of competent AND impartial officials - we would have fared no better on Sunday had the official in the video room come from the same magic circle of officials given our "big games" this season.

Possibly but surely if we see the same replay footage and there is an obvious disparity it is no excuse for the vid ref to say he is incompetent to view video footage?

We have an alarming lack of leaders on the pitch. We bossed Arsenal while Silva was on the pitch. Absolutely bossed them. They had enough and started getting physical, which is fine, it's a physical sport. I'm sick of seeing our players wilt and whinge to the officials after getting kicked. We need physicality throughout our team. Not stupid Otamendi rash fouls or snide Fernandinho kick outs giving away silly frees in terrible positions.

We need to become dirty, systematically foul. Systematically surround the ref, wind games down. Become horrible, aggressive mean bastards. We are way too soft and nice. A pleasure to play against I'm sure.

All the best teams in history have this trait. Leeds in the 70's. Liverpool in the 80's and Utd in the 90's. Aggressive, horrible bastards who'd kill you for the ball. We don't have a single player like that.
Physicality? We are already the most violent team in the premier league! Each of our tackles is more likely than any other club to be penalised with a card. Check the FairPlay leagu out.

Well I guess that is yet another game we've lost through incompetent refereeing. When is the club going to take a stand and start saying that we don't want that official to take charge of any our games because we feel that he has an agenda against us.

With Martin Atkinson in charge for the game against the rags, my guess is that that will be another game where we will have another incompetent ref ruining our chances of winning the game.
The club is taking a stand, a private stand and as you can see it hasn't helped at all this season, quite the opposite in fact. Ah well, at least we all get to renew our season cards while wea are non the wiser.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.