Arsenal fans. Adebayor versus Fabregas.

Confidence in your team is good, but isn't bullishness and arrogance the reason you lot hate United fans in the first place? Looking down on other clubs and laughing at them not winning things... Sound familiar?

Anyways, both City and Arsenal have a shot at winning next season but both have major questions that need answering. Can Arsenal buy a new keeper? Can our made-of-glass players hold it together for more than a few months? Can City gel properly and keep up in a title race?

The usual suspects will be there or thereabouts, but no one really knows how things will stack up by May.

Cant we all just get along?

Of course people see you as a threat, who would'nt after the signings you have made. But I would'nt write anyone off, if we get a goalkeeper in then I would fancy us, but we wont. United and Chelsea will be the same and Spurs could be there depends on if they get into champs league proper.

Oh and can we have Given or Hart.

Arshavin23 said:
Confidence in your team is good, but isn't bullishness and arrogance the reason you lot hate United fans in the first place? Looking down on other clubs and laughing at them not winning things... Sound familiar?

Anyways, both City and Arsenal have a shot at winning next season but both have major questions that need answering. Can Arsenal buy a new keeper? Can our made-of-glass players hold it together for more than a few months? Can City gel properly and keep up in a title race?

The usual suspects will be there or thereabouts, but no one really knows how things will stack up by May.

Not got any beef with you my friend you talk sense and i dont mind that, its people like your fellow gooner i cant be doing with.

Cheshuntarsenal said:

Yeah! Pretty please :)<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:17 pm --<br /><br />
Ricster said:
Arshavin23 said:

Not got any beef with you my friend you talk sense and i dont mind that, its people like your fellow gooner i cant be doing with.

What have I done?

Cheshuntarsenal said:
Cant we all just get along?

Of course people see you as a threat, who would'nt after the signings you have made. But I would'nt write anyone off, if we get a goalkeeper in then I would fancy us, but we wont. United and Chelsea will be the same and Spurs could be there depends on if they get into champs league proper.

Keep your hands off Joe but you can have Shay, better put, in my opinion or i'll be getting linched by City fans too, lol.

i've always respected arsenal more than the rest of the top clubs. still you are head and shoulders above liverpool, united and chelsea in the class stakes.
i think the point is whether you all started booing ade after the summer of discontent or after his dodgy performances. i seem to remember it being immediate and therefore it is hypocritical when compared to fabregas. he has openly spoken of a desire to leave arsenal for barca, laughed when forced to wear their shirt, had his family and spanish team-mates tell arsenal to let him go and only declared his commitment to arsenal because he had to stay. adebayor simply welcomed attention from one or two of europe's top clubs.
i can see the sense in the argument that fabregas wants to go home to his boyhood team but adebayor is african ffs. he isn't going to hanker after a move to one of togo's clubs. you didn't moan at his lack of loyalty to monaco. either the abuse was racist or being upset that one of your players saw milan as a bigger club than arsenal. i suspect it was the latter. milan are exactly the type of club that arsenal (and city) aspire to be.

oh yes, and where was your condemnation of sol's lack of loyalty?

citykev28 said:
i think the point is whether you all started booing ade after the summer of discontent or after his dodgy performances. i seem to remember it being immediate and therefore it is hypocritical when compared to fabregas.

Yes, A lot of Man City fans seem to 'recall' that. It simply isn't true. The booing stated in the winter, the only reason being are saying otherwise is in order not to undermine the argument that it was purely because of AC Milan and therefore racist.

He has openly spoken of a desire to leave arsenal for barca, laughed when forced to wear their shirt, had his family and spanish team-mates tell arsenal to let him go and only declared his commitment to arsenal because he had to stay. adebayor simply welcomed attention from one or two of europe's top clubs.

He said said before he wants to return Barcelona, no Arsenal fan is under the illusion that he wants to spend his entire career at Arsenal. It was presumed by a lot of us that he is the long term placement to Xavi, and we did take him from the club at 16. His childhood friends are there, his culture is there, is family is there. We understand that.

Adebayor entertained a summer of speculation with public quotes. Most fans were relieved he didn't go, like we are with Fabregas. However this effort level diminished significantly thought the course of the season and so that went on so did the resentment towards him and the feeling that because he didn't get the move he couldn't be bothered.

Well according to some on here we should be outraged, he is after all black! In reality he was out of contract. We signed him in the Christmas break when we needed a center back and he did a darn good job! I wish he stayed but he wanted first team football which we couldn't offer so he signed for Newcastle. He did a job for us, he will be respected.

This is the thing which this topic. None of the racism accusations stand up. The constant in the players the fans have hated and worshiped in not color but their contribution to the club. I have given examples of black players worshiped and white ones not so much.

PS. I don't like booing players, even opposition players, not even John Terry!

Anyway. Peace. We are going around in circles. I maintain that it because of the work rate and some City fans will maintain it's because we are hypocrites and/or racists. That's not to going to change, I can be content with the fact that as far as I am concerned I am not a racist and someone labeling me as such because of a team I support is rather silly in my view.

DJOuk said:
citykev28 said:
i think the point is whether you all started booing ade after the summer of discontent or after his dodgy performances. i seem to remember it being immediate and therefore it is hypocritical when compared to fabregas.

Yes, A lot of Man City fans seem to 'recall' that. It simply isn't true. The booing stated in the winter, the only reason being are saying otherwise is in order not to undermine the argument that it was purely because of AC Milan and therefore racist.

He has openly spoken of a desire to leave arsenal for barca, laughed when forced to wear their shirt, had his family and spanish team-mates tell arsenal to let him go and only declared his commitment to arsenal because he had to stay. adebayor simply welcomed attention from one or two of europe's top clubs.

He said said before he wants to return Barcelona, no Arsenal fan is under the illusion that he wants to spend his entire career at Arsenal. It was presumed by a lot of us that he is the long term placement to Xavi, and we did take him from the club at 16. His childhood friends are there, his culture is there, is family is there. We understand that.

Adebayor entertained a summer of speculation with public quotes. Most fans were relieved he didn't go, like we are with Fabregas. However this effort level diminished significantly thought the course of the season and so that went on so did the resentment towards him and the feeling that because he didn't get the move he couldn't be bothered.

Well according to some on here we should be outraged, he is after all black! In reality he was out of contract. We signed him in the Christmas break when we needed a center back and he did a darn good job! I wish he stayed but he wanted first team football which we couldn't offer so he signed for Newcastle. He did a job for us, he will be respected.

This is the thing which this topic. None of the racism accusations stand up. The constant in the players the fans have hated and worshiped in not color but their contribution to the club. I have given examples of black players worshiped and white ones not so much.

PS. I don't like booing players, even opposition players, not even John Terry!

Anyway. Peace. We are going around in circles. I maintain that it because of the work rate and some City fans will maintain it's because we are hypocrites and/or racists. That's not to going to change, I can be content with the fact that as far as I am concerned I am not a racist and someone labeling me as such because of a team I support is rather silly in my view.

i actually said in my post that i don't buy into the racist theory. your tradition of black players (anderson, rocastle, thomas, wright, campbell, henry, wiltord, etc.) proves that. it does seem hypocritical though.

oh, and i meant the 1st time you signed sol campbell.

citykev28 said:
i actually said in my post that i don't buy into the racist theory. your tradition of black players (anderson, rocastle, thomas, wright, campbell, henry, wiltord, etc.) proves that. it does seem hypocritical though.

My bad, Sorry.

citykev28 said:

Oh, well that was from Spurs so it counts as funny. :D

DJOuk said:
citykev28 said:

My bad, Sorry.

citykev28 said:

Oh, well that was from Spurs so it counts as funny. :D

not as funny as carlos tevez though ;o)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.