Arsenal (H) Post Match Thread

I was in 201 right on the 18 yard line directly behind the lino, Spanish Dave looked an absolute mile off when he got the ball, resulting in half the people around me offering the said lino their glasses with huge hilarity. Was very suprised when I saw MOTD and saw how close it was.

I was in 201 right on the 18 yard line directly behind the lino, Spanish Dave looked an absolute mile off when he got the ball, resulting in half the people around me offering the said lino their glasses with huge hilarity. Was very suprised when I saw MOTD and saw how close it was.

And on MOTD, they exaggerated it by freezing the frame too late. It was closer than they showed.

Funnily enough from level 3 in the South stand I thought it was offside but that was probably due to the reaction of the ground as time seemed to stand still. Lot closer than I expected seeing it later.

Doesn't matter whether he is off or on, officially he's on, because neither the lino nor the ref stopped play, and we scored the third. The fact its pissed off Wenger and the Arsenal fans is just a huge bonus, I really hope we get one (or more) of these at OT.

FIFA has recently issued a note that "when the ball is played" means when the player playing the ball first makes contact with the ball (not when contact ends). Aparently the video assistant ref can make that judgment.

Really? Cheers, I haven't heard of that, and a quick search has not turned it up. You don't have a link do you?

Apparently, in my defence, the BBC haven't heard of it either, as whenever they review an offside decision (one of ours anyway) they freeze the frame just after the ball has been played. Of course, that's long enough to make a player look way offside.

Doesn't matter whether he is off or on, officially he's on, because neither the lino nor the ref stopped play, and we scored the third. The fact its pissed off Wenger and the Arsenal fans is just a huge bonus, I really hope we get one (or more) of these at OT.
You can't be offside when 9 opposition players are on their goal line.

I came on this thread to show how Silva was *definitely* offside, and I have to say I am surprised.

He is in fact offside, but it is much closer than I thought. And taking this "when did Fernandino actually play the ball" question into account, it varies from *just* off, to quite clearly off, depending on whether you go for the moment of first contact with Ferna's boot, or a tiny bit later than that. Either which way, Silva was off.

This is *before* Fernandino kicks the ball. Silva is on, but Ferna hasn't touched the ball yet. You can just make out his right boot peaking out from behind his left leg as he prepares to play the ball.
ScreenShot2017-11-06at15.45.48.png

This is the first point Ferna touches the ball. Notice the ball has not moved yet. Silva is already (very marginally) off.
ScreenShot2017-11-06at15.47.15.png

This is the point the ball clearly moves. Silva is even further off.
ScreenShot2017-11-06at15.47.42.png

And finally, this is the point they choose to freeze the frame. The ball has long departed from Ferna's boot, and of course Silva is even more off by then.
ScreenShot2017-11-06at15.49.25.png

The point though, is it was mighty close. A travesty of a refereeing decision, it was NOT.

Like you say, offside, but it wasn't that obvious that the Arsenal players could just stop playing. I'm not sure what the fuck they were thinking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.