Arsenal home November sold out

Exactly, and as far as this mythical Joe is concerned he would probably like a 50% discount in every pub and only have to pay for a mini but buy a BMW 800 series. To stay competitive City have to charge competitive rates and as they go ticket prices for the Etihad are very competitive. Those who bleat about poor Joe need a reality check as I don't want to go back to the days when our legends were Dickov and Morrison no matter how committed they were at the time. We have the ability to make at least the top 4 every season and I for one prefer that to making the bottom 4 every season.
It is ok if you can pay £45-£56 .to attend a game but many cant and have stopped going meening their kids who are the fans of the future wont go .some season tickets are dirt cheap .that is why some people buy them and cherry pick the games they want to go to .if City are prepared to give some season tickets holders a brilliant deal surley they could but an alocation of say 2.000 at £30 for each home game .away fans get them for that price so it not a massive leap to give some tickets City fans at that price

It is ok if you can pay £45-£56 .to attend a game but many cant and have stopped going meening their kids who are the fans of the future wont go .some season tickets are dirt cheap .that is why some people buy them and cherry pick the games they want to go to .if City are prepared to give some season tickets holders a brilliant deal surley they could but an alocation of say 2.000 at £30 for each home game .away fans get them for that price so it not a massive leap to give some tickets City fans at that price
So what about Joe Smith who lives in Beswick who earns 270 quid a week on minimum wage and wants to go and see his favourite team.. well he's just been priced out straight away! And if he's got kids, then they won't be going either. Come on City!! Don't forget the true Manc supporters ( and one or two others ;-) ) who didn't let this club die when it was on its knees.
Joe should buy a season ticket in the cheaper section.
10 x £39 interest free payments.
£20 odd a game.
City are no worse than any other club for prices.It is just the way football has went in England.
We would all like cheaper walk up prices but football has moved on and sadly there will be a lot on low income who could not afford to attend no matter what the price.

Poor last sentence. The odd moron aside, no fan wants failure over success. If anything, they just want to be proud of their team.

Tickets AREN'T affordable to the average man. Seasoncard attrition is a thing each and every season (I know three off the top of my head who all cite finances for 17/18) and Everton is taking a long time to sell out. It's a week Monday and on open sale.
First game of the season was always a pain to sell out, even when tickets were a tenth of the cost that they are now. It's August and people are on holidays.

Possibly that might be an option when the North stand gets developed. If rumours are to be believed many of the home games are nearly sold out. If that is the case it cannot be long before the stand has a third level added.

City have strange view of ticket prices on one hand season tickets considering the football on view are probably the best value in england but single match tickets are ridiculous and probably the main reason for the empty spaces at sold out games.When you can by a season ticket go to 6 games and you've save yourself money its bonkers

Our low prices from £299 are admirable but, in reality, make up just a small percentage of the ground. It's the cheap seats. Value Gold wasn't much better in that respect.

They were high enough already yet still went up in price. It was unacceptable.

If he can get them of a ticket forum for £25 he should be able to get them from the club for that price .plus if he wanted to take his wife and kids would be a big problem to get 4 tickets together especialy on a match day
Anyone wanting to take the wife deserves pricing out of the game.

Our low prices from £299 are admirable but, in reality, make up just a small percentage of the ground. It's the cheap seats. Value Gold wasn't much better in that respect.

They were high enough already yet still went up in price. It was unacceptable.
They are a small percentage but when the £390 £485 £515 s/c are added in that's a good few tickets under £30 a game.Then plenty at £615 so £32 a game.

Exactly, and as far as this mythical Joe is concerned he would probably like a 50% discount in every pub and only have to pay for a mini but buy a BMW 800 series. To stay competitive City have to charge competitive rates and as they go ticket prices for the Etihad are very competitive. Those who bleat about poor Joe need a reality check as I don't want to go back to the days when our legends were Dickov and Morrison no matter how committed they were at the time. We have the ability to make at least the top 4 every season and I for one prefer that to making the bottom 4 every season.
In all honesty this old comparison of going and watching the football team you support, along side a metaphorical purchase or membership doesn't work.

If I couldn't afford a BMW, I'd buy a 10 year old skoda that still does the job. If I couldn't buy a pint in the pub, I'd buy a crate from ASDA and drink it at home. If I can't afford to watch City I'm not going to go and watch a game at Altrincham or Rochdale instead, it doesn't work like that. If it's your club then you haven't got 'choice' which is where these comparisons are a load of rubbish. If I can't afford to go and watch City I simply won't be able to go.

Is that true, If I remember the rough figures from last year we made a £20 mill profit with ticket money included. Without ticket money we would have made a loss therefore failing FFP and wouldn't be spending the money we have spent. Unless I'm missing something.

We could renegotiate our Etihad deal for more than £30m per year if we wanted to. We could add a new sponsor to our shirt for another £5m per year. We could offload Bony, Nasri, Denayer and save £12m per year. etc etc etc

Why does that extra money be squeezed out of our pockets? Bayern are a much more successful club than us (financially and on the field) and they treat their fans with respect. We have a 55,000 seater stadium - Spurs have a 32,000 seater and have out performed us the past two seasons (despite not making as much as us of tickets).

In all honesty this old comparison of going and watching the football team you support, along side a metaphorical purchase or membership doesn't work.

If I couldn't afford a BMW, I'd buy a 10 year old skoda that still does the job. If I couldn't buy a pint in the pub, I'd buy a crate from ASDA and drink it at home. If I can't afford to watch City I'm not going to go and watch a game at Altrincham or Rochdale instead, it doesn't work like that. If it's your club then you haven't got 'choice' which is where these comparisons are a load of rubbish. If I can't afford to go and watch City I simply won't be able to go.
Exactly and that is why so many long standing City fans no longer go but watch it in the pub or at home .
Would it really do any harm or break the bank by flogging a couple of thousand tickets at £30 each at home games for City fans .away fans get them for £30 so i dont see it a problem

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.