Arsenal Post Match Thread.

Agreed. Tyler sounded like someone had just shit on his sandwiches when Sane scored. I got to the car on Sunday, and was quite surprised at how the likes of Ian Wright kept going on about how poor we were in the first half. If they had said good approach play but not enough chances, then I guess I could agree to that.

Then on MNF, they repeat the same mantra with bells on it.

Opening gambit from Carragher "City won't win the league, not with that defence" he whined. He schreeched several times how Arsenal should have and any decent team would have, destroyed us in the second half because of all the space behind the defence!

Then Neville spends the next five or so minutes psycho-analysing why Arsenal were 'tired' including the bizarre concept that it was because they travelled back to London, near Outer Mongolia, and they were fatigued. He came up with even more reasons including saying they were lazy. Not once did he mention the possibility that City might have ran the legs off them in the first half, and the second was a possible consequence of that!!!

Weird? Yes. Biased? Without a doubt.

In fairness to Neville he did highlight just how little possession they had and how the running they were doing wasn't what they'd normally expect. Highlighted how many sprints they'd been forced into by our ball movement.
He did seem to understand how and why they were out on their feet and attributed it to our pressing and ball movement.

I agree though, even heard that we couldn't string two passes together in the first half from Durham on talkshite, whilst we completed way over 200 passes.
Our first half was our equivelent of keeping it quiet. We dominated possession and conceded just one chance. We should have gone in at least level. The second half we completely suffocated them. That's why they were out on their feet, they simply couldn't get any time or space,

Last edited:
This has to be the longest post match thread for a game we won:) Normally such long post match threads are reserved for venting and whinning about not winning.

Wonder what has been discussed here...:)

Doesn't matter pal, Sane was offside anyway. Shouldn't have counted.

Quite correct and neither should our other goal. As this is the time of giving and goodwill we should parcel up the 3 points and post them to that most deserving fella in the very long coat.

In fairness to Neville he did highlight just how little possession they had and how the running they were doing wasn't what they'd normally expect. Highlighted how many sprints they'd been forced into by our ball movement.
He did seem to understand how and why they were out on their feet and attributed it to our pressing and ball movement.

I agree though, even heard that we couldn't string two passes together in the first half from Durham on talkshite, whilst we completed way over 200 passes.
Our first half was our equivelent of keeping it quiet. We dominated possession and conceded just one chance. We should have gone in at least level. The second half we completely suffocated them. That's why they were out on their feet, they simply couldn't get any time or space,

It's annoyed me that Neville, nor anyone else, has mentioned that the reason Arsenal were exhausted was because while we lacked penetration in the first half, we moved the ball a lot and just let them tire themselves out with some admittedly very organised shuffling side to side across the pitch to keep their shape. They were remarkably disciplined but ended up doing shuttle runs for the best part of 50 minutes. Then when they needed to summon up some energy to equalise they didn't have it.

I think the only person I heard mention it was Pougatch, who said it was like rope-a-dope, and mentioned how calm Guardiola was when we conceded as if it didn't matter because our goals would come. Robbie Savage quickly shouted him down though.

Another thing is that loads of people in the aftermath said Sterling in the middle was a mistake, when it created 2 massive chances in the first 5 minutes - the header and the one which they countered and scored from. Pep said he wanted him 1v1 on Koscielny and it worked. Only because they decided to settle for 1-0 and the defence dropped back did Sterling not have joy in the middle.

Oh well, Pep will never get the credit he deserves but I doubt he'll mind.

This has to be the longest post match thread for a game we won:) Normally such long post match threads are reserved for venting and whinning about not winning.

Wonder what has been discussed here...:)

You wasn't about, so everyone had a chance to get a word in edgeways ;-)

Quite correct and neither should our other goal. As this is the time of giving and goodwill we should parcel up the 3 points and post them to that most deserving fella in the very long coat.

Exactly. Hence the chant "1 nil to the Arsenal". We all knew the real score rather than this "false 2-1" result malarkey.

Compare and contrast....

Theo Walcott who actually played in the game....

And Graeme Souness who plays with himself...

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.