Arsenal Vs City Post Game Discussion Thread

01Bluefan said:
ultimateharold said:
01Bluefan said:
Seems like hart has a weakness for long range shot. @ stoke for example- crouch's

Clown and newcomer. No one is saving Crouch's shot. It was a worldy. He'll never do that again.

Hit early, from nowhere.

Top strike. fair play to the lanky streak.

Hi Dicky, fair enough, Crouch's a worldy. What of Arteta's?

What of picking one of very very few mistakes he has made and talking like its a computer game.

Hart is an excellent keeper and long range shots are not an outstanding issue he has. He has been rock solid 99.99% of the time no matter what the manor he was called to act on.

One critisism was his palming saves back out infront of him instead of away (even this was not a consistant error). He seems to have addressed that.

tl;dr Hart has done his share and more.

first match this season where i've felt like mancini was as (or more) responsible for the loss as the 11 (or 10) players on the pitch. i won't say anything rash while emotions are running high, but i was EXTREMELY disappointed in both game plan and execution. shameful performance for everybody involved. with so much on the line, there is no excuse to look so completely and utterly flat. the first 25 minutes was the worst football i've seen from city all season.
Nearly 5 years to the day. We seem to do this a lot.

Quite sobering, isn't it, in the face of some of these posters who seem to be suggesting that Roberto had it spot on, and that Pep is a fraud by comparison (and lest there be any ambiguity, I revere Roberto, by the way. He took us one step up, now Pep's going to take us the next step up). One significant difference, though, and it's still worth underlining, even though it's obvious – we didn't lose. Yes, we should have won on Sunday, but we didn't lose. Five years ago, we lost. Truth be known, we were absolutely battered. It's astonishing that we held out until we did. At that point, I thought the title was gone.
In fact, we nearly always lose at the Emirates.
Oh, and I couldn't see that penalty call in the last minute properly from the telly angle on Sunday. Looking at it back, several times, and from close up, yep, it's a penalty, and either the lino or the ref should have got that, although it did happen very quickly and it's not as glaring as the two penalties against Liverpool, the one against Spuds, the red card sending off against Luiz, etc. Yet another bad call against us. They've not been evening themselves out this season, not in the least.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.