Arsene Wenger cries

afro2007

Frenchman admits he did not want to lose Nasri or Fabregas, but was forced to let both leave for 'psychological' reasons, while claiming money runs the game these days

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger believes Samir Nasri and other players that have moved to Manchester City, were tempted there by the vast riches on offer.The Frenchman looks to be heading to the Etihad Stadium after the two clubs agreed a £23 million deal for the midfielder, and he follows former team-mate Gael Clichy, who moved for £7m earlier this summer.

And while Wenger refused to question Nasri's commitment to Arsenal, he did hint that Roberto Mancini's side have been able to sweep up the best of the Premier League talent thanks to their bottomless bank account.

“I am a realist so I have no illusions. It's part of the modern life of a professional football player. It's not that by coincidence that everybody suddenly lands at Man City," Wenger told Arsenal's official website.

“Samir trained on Tuesday morning. But I knew before training. He didn’t know, the decision was made this morning just before training. He came in to practice.

“I don’t question Samir Nasri's commitment or professionalism. If I told him ‘you come with us and play’, he would have played like he did on Saturday but you wonder what kind of a commitment you can have.

“Football rules are made like that, that the player can be worth a lot of money today and nothing in six months so it doesn’t look completely logical but, at the end of the day, of course, we are forced into a decision like that for psychological and financial reasons."

Wenger believes the days of players spending their entire career with one club are over, especially when other teams are able to offer huge amounts of money.

“We did not want to lose Fabregas, but we were forced into a situation we didn’t want. Nasri is a situation where the player didn’t want to extend his contract with the proposals he had somewhere else," he added.

"What kind of commitment can you have when the player is not there long-term? That is the question you have to answer.”

Wenger, you have done a hell of a lot for football in this country and indeed the world, more so that twatface ever has, but now is the time mate.

From what i have read it is the board not Wenger and i am inclined to believe that it is the boards fault and i feel bad for him if i am honest.

You need to give the board an ultimatum as the current situation between yourself and the board is untenable.

Don't hammer me for this guys as i cant help it, i feel bad for the man.

TCIB said:
Wenger, you have done a hell of a lot for football in this country and indeed the world, more so that twatface ever has, but now is the time mate.

From what i have read it is the board not Wenger and i am inclined to believe that it is the boards fault and i feel bad for him if i am honest.

You need to give the board an ultimatum as the current situation between yourself and the board is untenable.

Spot on mate...whatever you say about Wenger he has integrity and you cant help but admire him for it. Whatever his views on how we conduct our business, you cant take away the fact he has mixed it with the big guns of the prem and for a large part, kept his dignity while giving them a run for their money. Not the easiest thing to do. I'd like to see him move on from Arsenal now before the team implodes completely and takes him along...I have a sneaking suspicion it would be in Arsenals interests too.

TCIB said:

Yes, agree totally, Been gr8 for the game. He ran things from top to bottom at Arsenal for years, but their new owners have totally disrespected him. giving him no say at all - He is now about as powerful as a marionette without strings....can see him walking tbh.... with that board in charge his job is, now, absolutely untenable..

Thanks for not ripping me a new one lads.

Yep its a shame seeing this as he is loyal to the last, even be it making himself look the pratt. Being a shield to the players and the board really when he should atm be protecting his players only.

They have some brass balls this current gunners board, i tell thee.

As much as I dislike Arsenal (being a London rival and having a Gooner for a father-in-law who quite happily took the piss for years) I can't help but have symathy for Wenger. He can be a complete knob at times but is a brilliant (if somewhat stubborn) coach with a great deal of dignity. Would like to see him get the England job - think he'd do brilliantly with a lot of the youngsters now coming through and he could build the England team around Josh McEachran (and Wilshere I guess).

Man City are ruining football.

Of course I don't believe that for one minute, but it's good that it's your turn now after we suffered years of it!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.