Mikel Arteta

No problem with Arteta or who ever Pep appoints to his team. Kidd's longevity is not just his worth as a coach. He provides continuity, understanding, knowledge and history from being connected locally. Giggs does the same as did Charlton before.

All the top clubs have their loyal servants. Brian Kidd seems the last man standing for City. I would like to see more local ex players brought into the club in active roles to learn and combine the best of new and traditional cultures. Jason Wilcox, although not ex-City, seems to be one of the few who we can look to long term even if not at the top level. Uwe could be another.

This, this, all day this. There are so many out there with the potential. We could bring in any number of Rosler, Goater, Coton, Symons, Quinn, Weah, Berkovic, Benarbia, Belmadi, Van Buyten, Francis, Psycho, Fowler, Anelka, Sun, or Lakey. In the future Shay Given could have a role as a goalkeeper coach, or an assistant too...

Id love to see Uwe at the club in some capacity

I think we will all agree but the thing is he wants to be a manager. Coming back here to be a coach or work with the kids would be a step back in his career.

Think Arteta could be a shrewd move, Pep will be looking for someone who knows the league in and out and although he speaks great English, it'll be easier for them to chat in their own lingo. Great information, no communication problems.

I think we will all agree but the thing is he wants to be a manager. Coming back here to be a coach or work with the kids would be a step back in his career.

Is a couple of seasons assisting the worlds greatest tactician, in the worlds most competitive league, worse than a couple of seasons out of the game?

Is a couple of seasons assisting the worlds greatest tactician, in the worlds most competitive league, worse than a couple of seasons out of the game?

On paper, it looks good. The thing is, it's not how things tend to work. Once someone has managed alone then they typically find that they're unwilling to go back, unless their managerial career has hit a real slump or they're starting to reconsider it. It's like a lot of things. People who leave their jobs to set up their own businesses, for example. They could be offered a major directorship at a big company but they would usually never agree because the type of person who would create their own business generally finds they resent working under other people and want to be the one in control.

Again, I love Uwe and want him back - but realistically his path lies in a different direction.

On paper, it looks good. The thing is, it's not how things tend to work. Once someone has managed alone then they typically find that they're unwilling to go back, unless their managerial career has hit a real slump or they're starting to reconsider it. It's like a lot of things. People who leave their jobs to set up their own businesses, for example. They could be offered a major directorship at a big company but they would usually never agree because the type of person who would create their own business generally finds they resent working under other people and want to be the one in control.

Again, I love Uwe and want him back - but realistically his path lies in a different direction.

That's fair enough, but I personally feel that someone like Uwe, who has always come across as one of the more intelligent of managers, would recognise this unique opportunity, which is, imho, a much greater role to progress his ideas for the game, he would become much more tactically aware, learning from Pep, working with him day-by-day, and it would open up so many jobs at a higher level than he is at currently, just being linked to the man and staying under the limelight.

Nobody can tell what he would think if he recieved the offer however, so the only real way we could find out would be if the club really do want him on board. Heck, maybe I'm just a total wishful thinker!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.