Article 50/Brexit Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodbye EU, good luck when these financially sound stable countries join.
Turkey
Bosnia
Albania
Macedonia
Serbia
Kosovo
Montenegro

Enforcing fishing limits: it's a bit like the old mind-your-car joke - can your dog put out fires? Can your boat breed fish? (Fishing science - the evidence and risk of overfishing and stocks collapsing - is often at odds with fishermen's perception of abundant stock.) Once we're out of the EU, will we have to have our own "red tape" quango to prevent our own fishing fleets overfishing? We'll still be part of the International Council for the Exploration of the Sea whose advice goes into the EU's fisheries policies.

I see we already have naval experts on here - a couple of River class boats to cover a 200 mile limit from the Shetlands to the Scillies. No problem. Or a section of Royal marines in small boats guided in by a nimrod.

180px-Island-class_patrol_vessel.JPG

That should be fun in a force 8 (6 hours to get the 200 mile limit and not enough fuel to get back).

I give you credit for making me laugh, but a section of Royal marines in small boats guided in by a nimrod should sort any of that malarky, when those boys tell a fishing boat to sling their hook, hooks get f*cking slung.

I am sorry that you think so little of your country's armed forces, but we are more than capable of handling anything that the EU could do to enforce an intrusion of our fishing grounds.
That would work if we hadn't scrapped the Nimrods seven years ago without replacing them.

We will have to live on the shell fish that currently goes to Spain, as we wont be able to afford imported food with tariffs. The illegal meat trade on the Irish border will be like a new gold rush.

I'm no Tory, not by any means. However, I don't think I could bare Corbyn or that insufferable **** Tim Farron leading negotiations

It is time for everyone to get behind it all, no point dragging heels and rerunning the same old arguments

The EU will continue to fish where they want and there will be fuck all we can do.
We have 6 destroyers, 6, 2 of which are out of commission at the moment.
We are defenceless at sea.

lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Queen_Elizabeth_(R08)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Prince_of_Wales_(R09)

French%2BNavy.jpg

Royal%2BNavy2.jpg

We're currently in a bit of an ebb of investment cycle into the Navy and we still have a more powerful Navy than every single EU country, many of them combined.

Here's how we'll look in 2020 once the already building ships have been completed and commissioned:

Royal%2BNavy%2B2020.jpg

Bloody expensive way of protecting fisheries. Why not just send a bill to the EU when the vessel has been tracked on satellite. Better Still just deduct from what we owe them.

Bloody expensive way of protecting fisheries. Why not just send a bill to the EU when the vessel has been tracked on satellite. Better Still just deduct from what we owe them.

Do like Uefa

Ah, one of your vessels threw a bog roll into our territorial waters, that's a €15,000 fine and a warning over future conduct

It's pretty comical at the moment. David Davis admitting immigration might well go, this butt fcucking the majority of the Brexit voters in one go. This was always inevitable oven that having physical border controls in Ireland is a non starter. On the remain side, another bunch of deluded pusstajers thinking they can set six tests for the final Brexit deal.

I hope we prosper out of the EU but I have one question. Our nation was supposed to be Trippier by an entrepreneurial zeal following the Brexit vote. Can I ask Bluemooners how many of you have set up new businesses (since the vote) that you wouldn't have contemplated before the vote?

I'm no Tory, not by any means. However, I don't think I could bare Corbyn or that insufferable **** Tim Farron leading negotiations

It is time for everyone to get behind it all, no point dragging heels and rerunning the same old arguments
Well said that man!!!

We really are where we are and not where a lot of people wanted us to be.

The more and sooner people take the same attitude as you the better the chances for success

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.